Search results

1. B

What are some great non-traditional speakers like omnidirectionals and electrostatics?

I have Revel M16's which I love and I don't think upgrading to the more expensive towers like F206's will be that different of an upgrade so I'd like to try out of some more unique types of speakers. Stuff like omnidirectionals and electrostatics. Speakers with big woofers like Klipsch Forte are...
  2. B

What is it that makes the 598's sound so much better than every other headphones I've tried?

I've tried the Sennheiser 560's, 600's, 650's, 660's. Also tried Shure 1840's, AKG K702's, Hifiman Sundara's, KLH Ultimate One's, Fidelio X3, Avantone Pro's, Audio-Technica R70x's, and I thought the 598's sounded better than all of them. What could it be? Angled drivers? What else could make...
  3. B

What are the best speakers that try to emulate live music?

I'm not very knowledgeable about speakers so excuse my lack of knowledge but there are speakers that are really great speakers and then there are great speakers that try to emulate the music sounding like the artist is in the room with you. Some examples of where I've heard people talk about...
  4. B

Are there no cheaper alternatives to the HD 800s?

Every single post about headphones on every single website so far I've read has something along the lines of "They're good but they're no Sennheiser HD 800 S" The only exception is when talking about electrostatics. Is there no budget alternative to the HD 800s? Surely there has be one headphone...
  5. B

What speakers have some of the best value in the $2-3k price point?

I feel like most of the speakers I've heard are a terrible value. They might fit the price range but they always sound way worse than those great value gem speakers that sound much much better for the same price. I imagine there are only a few speakers in each price range that are like this...
  6. B

Has anyone heard Goldenear Triton Five's?

They have really great reviews but I've never really seen them talked about. Has anyone heard them and compared them to other speakers brands like Revel?
  7. B

Has anyone heard speakers with a wider soundstage than Revel's?

Let's say under $3k. I've heard a good number of speakers but Revel's had the biggest soundstage and was curious if anyone has heard something that had a noticeably wider soundstage?
  8. B

Any good passive speakers under $3k with a woofer size bigger than 6.5?

I'm not knowledgable about speakers. Maybe woofer size is not even what I'm looking for. All I know is based on the speakers I've tested the bigger the woofer the better it sounded so I was curious if there any speakers for under $3k with a woofer over 6.5?
  9. B

What headphones sound the most like speakers?

Probably a dumb question but I don't really know anything about headphones. I use Sennheiser 598's which I really love and sound great but they don't give even 10% of the experience of using my Revel's. Are there any headphones that give something close to the experience of speakers? Any price...
  10. B

Are there any significant upgrades to the Revel M16's under 4k?

I'm looking for a passive speaker under 4k (hopefully under 3k although unlikely) that is a significant upgrade to the M16's. Based on my readings even up to the Revel F206's isn't really worth the upgrade if you already have a pair of M16's.
  11. B

Is the Philharmonic BMR the equivalent to the Revel M16, M106, M126Be?

I've seen a lot of people say it's underpriced but my only reference is Revel speakers. Which speaker from Revel would it be roughly equivalent to if someone wanted to a do a comparison? Has anyone listened to both brands?
  12. B

What speaker brands would you consider better than Revel?

I've listened to a decent number of speakers and imo none of them were even close to what I heard from Revel. I'm getting the upgrade bug and I was curious what speaker brands had speakers that you guys considered better than the equivalent at Revel?
Top Bottom