Search results

1. W

Best Great Spin-O-Rama to New Spin-O-Rama Speaker Upgrade You've Made

There are now plenty of speaker measurments based on Spin-O-Rama criteria, so simple question :) In this group, there must be plenty of people who upgraded speakers, who at least used the spin as a starting point, and then auditioned and/or purchased based on spin. So, what speakers did you...
  2. W

Objective vs Subjective Your 2023 Phrases of the Year

Recently got into discussion with a friend regarding objective vs subjective, and his arguments against the objective side of things: "Sound is complex and it takes time for one's mind to sort things out" "I think expectations often have a lot to do with what we want to hear." By the end of...
  3. W

The Sound of Silence

https://hub.jhu.edu/2023/07/11/can-we-hear-silence/ Auditory illusions are real
  4. W

DB25 Data Switch Box w/Audio

Just curious if anyone has tried one of these type data switches with multichannel audio? Amazon.com: KENTEK DB25 4 Way Manual Data Switch Box RS-232 Parallel Serial D-Sub 25 Pin Female I/O ABCD Port for PC MAC to Peripherals Devices Printer Modem : Electronics
  5. W

Balanced Multichannel Switch w/ Unbalanced Equipment (RCA -> XLR -> RCA)

Ok, I know this is a bit strange, but was wondering .... Multichannel switches are difficult if not impossible to come by, but there are a few of them available in the balanced audio world. So, what happens with that balanced switch if you use it for switching a system consisting of solely...
  6. W

Amplifier Connected Directly to Dac and Volume Levels

So I have an Benchmark AHB2 with of course, only balanced XLR inputs. I also have an Exasound E38 Dac, which is spec'd as outputting 2.1 Vrms on its line outputs. So I thought I'd try connecting the Exasound directly to the AHB2 via RCA to XLR adapter cable, just because ... I can, and I...
  7. W

Class D Power Ratings vs A/AB Power Ratings

Been reading through the Class D amp reviews (here and elsewhere) and a point of confusion for me are the power ratings, and their accuracy. These class D seem to have massive power ratings. So for example, is it really OK to run a speaker with max power rating of 150W with these hypex ncore...
Top Bottom