Search results

1. Weeb Labs

New Wondom ADAU1701 DSP Unit

Greetings, While plumbing the depths of AliExpress as one tends to do in the middle of the night, I encountered a new product manufactured by WONDOM. It is effectively just an ADAU1701 in a convenient enclosure with all of the analog IO exposed, along with potentiometers and switches on the...
  2. Weeb Labs

Questionable Loudspeaker Enginerding with Aubey Industries and Weeb Labs!

For the past year or so, @ItsMeAubey and I have been experimenting with various evidence-based loudspeaker designs. The task has been to develop a well behaved active speaker that can be assembled by almost anybody, using inexpensive off-the-shelf components and DSP. The temporary title for...
  3. Weeb Labs

M-Audio BX4 D3 | Active Monitor | Measurements, Teardown & Subjective Impressions

Having been so pleasantly surprised by the somewhat more expensive M-Audio BX5 D3, I decided to purchase one of the brand's even cheaper offerings. These are the M-Audio BX4 D3s and they retail as a pair for just EUR 120. One monitor is powered, while the other is passive and left/right...
  4. Weeb Labs

M-Audio BX5 D3 | Active Monitor | Measurements, Teardown & Subjective Impressions

The M-Audio BX5 D3 is rather ubiquitous among budget studio monitors, so I thought it only fitting that I purchase a unit and publish the first complete set of measurements. This monitor typically retails for approximately €80 but I paid only €60 for this particular unit, so it has the...
  5. Weeb Labs

Mackie MR524 | Studio Monitor | Measurements & Subjective Impressions

EDIT 13/12/21: Updated with full spin and other fun things. I recently purchased a pair of Mackie MR524s and thought it might be helpful to capture a set of essential measurements. To my knowledge, none are currently available. The MR524 is sold individually for approximately €100, which...
  6. Weeb Labs

Enginerding with Weeb Labs

A thread on which to share my plentiful electronic and electromechanical OSHA violations shenanigans. Engage safety squints. :) I have recently been working on quite an elaborate video for the YouTube channel (which will hopefully be complete in a few days) and some of the shots required...
  7. Weeb Labs

URSA Mini 4.6K (First Generation) ADC Measurements

Greetings! If you own an URSA Mini 4.6K, you might occasionally have wondered just how well the onboard ADC stage performs and whether it is suitable for use as a field recorder. Today, we shall find out. First, the SINAD measurement. Not bad at all for an on-camera ADC. We're sitting at...
  8. Weeb Labs

Adding post-DSP SPDIF outputs to AVRs

Greetings! I thought it might be fun to share details of a current project, which involves modifying AVRs with post-DSP SPDIF outputs. This effectively turns any AVR into a fully digital audio processor with room correction, subwoofer crossover/time alignment and EQ functionality. The...
  9. Weeb Labs

I made an active speaker recommendation chart

Greetings! This was originally created for a Discord server but thought I might share it here. It is one of two charts, with the passive version being in progress. The layout is quite simple, with the intention being that a prospective buyer could select any of them (given appropriate price...
  10. Weeb Labs

My Simple 4x4 Channel Modification For MiniDSP OpenDRC-DI

Greetings! I thought it might be fun to share a simple modification which I recently made to one of my MiniDSP units. This will also be applicable to anybody in possession of standalone miniSHARC and DIGI-FP board. Before jumping into the work, I am going to share a little bit of background...
  11. Weeb Labs

I ported Node-MiniDSP to the DDRC-24

Greetings. Some of you may be familiar with the handy Node-MiniDSP utility developed by Mrene, which enables automation and control of the MiniDSP 2x4HD via USB and network. I recently purchased a DDRC-24 in hopes of making use of this utility but quickly discovered that input monitoring was...
  12. Weeb Labs

XTZ 99.25 LCR Measurements

Greetings! This is my first thread here on ASR, so I would like for it to contribute something useful. These are my on-axis and off-axis frequency response measurements of the XTZ 99.25 LCRs. As they are a relatively obscure speaker, it is my hope that these might be of some help to...
Top Bottom