Search results

1. R

Connect XLR(Dynamic) Mic to 3.5 input on a DAC(GSX 1200)

This is an amazing forum. I get quick replies and I always get helpful answers which lead me to finding a solution. I wish I asked this in June :D *facepalm*
  2. R

Aha I see. Well I actually went and grabbed the hyperx quadcast for a good price. I managed to trade in my Thronmax mic even tho I bought it in June very good service. And it's not disconnecting!!! My friends even said my voice is way clearer with this mic. I'm super satisfied now. Only thing...
  3. R

Hi! I'm thinking of buying a new microphone(Røde Podmic. This one) which has an XLR connection, it's a dynamic mic, I was told this is the mic to go for if there's background noise etc in the room. I'm just going to use it for communication while gaming. Today I have a USB microphone(Thronmax...
  4. R

Monoprice desktop AMP + Sennheiser GSX 1200 Pro (DAC) + Beyerdynamic DT 990(250 ohm)

Thanks for the tip. I'll try this too. I will disconnect the gsx and try, when I'm back home tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes!
  5. R

Monoprice desktop AMP + Sennheiser GSX 1200 Pro (DAC) + Beyerdynamic DT 990(250 ohm)

Hey! Thanks for the helpful reply. The DT 990s are 250 ohms. Only reason I bought the amp is because the gsx can't power those headphones properly. I see. I will try what you suggested. Thanks for the help. Anyways, if anyone stumbles across this thread and is wondering if this amp combined...
  6. R

So I got the amp today and it's working great! Instead of having the volume on 100 without the amp, now I'm using the amp and the volume is on 23, and I'm getting more volume than before. Got some questions tho, if any of you have the time to reply :D 1. If I crank the amp to full volume and...
  7. R

Yeah but as of now with my DT 990 and GSX the headphones sound very weak. Some of the sounds are so sharp they overlap other important sounds. And the volume is on full. I think maybe I need more power than the gsx can deliver, hopefully the Monoprice will make this a great combo. And yeah...
  8. R

So higher ohm isn't good for gaming? I just really liked the mmx 300s but the mic was trash that's why I swapped to this setup. But the beyers are awesome. But in your opinion I should forget the amp I bought and change headphones? Only using these for gaming
  9. R

Hopefully I can use the surround feature or else the whole point of this setup is pointless haha. But I'll just return the amp in that case..
  10. R

Ah okay, that's good. I just need the GSX for it's great ability to deliver precise surround, that's all. I tried another DAC but it wasn't anywhere close to being as good in that field. So I'll just stick to using the amp with the gsx and hopefully the sound will be much better. Thank...
  11. R

What, so I can't use this with my gsx 1200? My mic is a USB device too. So that I have straight into the pc. Can I not use this as an amp and just connect it to the DAC I already have? Weird it was listed under "Amp" in the main menu on the website. I figured it was just an amp, as there was...
  12. R

Hahahaha, yeah I felt stupid when I read your comment. I saw the others amps too, was thinking of buying one for 180 euros, but I'll test this one and check if it works for what I need it for then I don't really need a more expensive one. I just need a bit more power through the headphones.
  13. R

Holy crap, sorry, 65 euros, it makes 650 NOK in my local currency, I'm just hungry hahaha. Damn
  14. R

I bought the DT 990 250 ohm. The MMX 300 is what I previously had. But as I said I swapped it for the DT 990. Anyways, I've ordered an amplifier which I will hook up to the GSX 1200 and use my DT 990 with. I chose the Monoprice Desktop Amplifier, as I got it relatively cheap, for 650 euros.
  15. R

nah the dac is too weak. The volume wheel on the GSX is full, so is windows. They are bound to eachother, so if i reduce volume on dac, windows also reduces.
  16. R

Alright, thanks a lot. I got a bit wiser today. I'm just waiting for the amplifier and I'll try both the speaker and the headphone sockets.
  17. R

Awesome! And the way I mentioned to connect them, was correct right? Also, one last thing, this setup will allow me to benefit from the GSX surround while also getting the power from the amp? Even thought the headset is connected to the dac through an amp unit, I'll be able to hear the sound...
  18. R

I probably should have done that in my post, sorry. Here's an image: Don't mind the first connection on each side, they're only for daisy-chaining these devices together. And I think they're 2.5mm.
  19. R

First, here's the equipment I have: DAC = Sennheiser GSX 1200 pro AMP = Monoprice Headphone Desktop Amplifier (https://www.monoprice.eu/collections/receivers/products/monoprice-eu-desktop-headphone-amplifier) Headphones = Beyerdynamic DT 990 250 Ohm I used to have the Beyerdynamic MMX 300...
Top Bottom