Search results

1. W

SVS soundpath wireless adapter

I'm considering adding an SVS SB1000 pro to my home office setup (Amazon Echo Link Amp, ELAC DBR62, Topping D10). Because of the shape of the room, I would either need to put the sub next to a large bank of windows or get a wireless adapter so that I could put the sub elsewhere. Which is the...
  2. W

HiFiMan's product strategy is baffling

Can anyone explain HiFiMan's product strategy? He400se = $149 He400i v2020 = $169 He400i = $449 Sundara = $499 How is anyone supposed to know how to pick one, especially from the he400 triplets? Really driving me towards Dan Clark Audio.
  3. W

Help me act rationally about headphones

I have a lot of headphones. I am very tempted to get a pair of HiFiMan HE4XX from Drop (also tempted to try some TinAudio T2Plus). Right now I mostly listen to AKG 371s at my desk, but also have the HD6XX. For in ears, I almost only use a pair of Sony WF1000XM3 wireless buds, which I mostly...
  4. W

HD 6XX vs. Fidelio X2HR

I am extremely tempted to but a pair of Fidelio X2HR. I do most of my listening these days through HD 6XX (using Topping D10/Schiit Magni 3). Is there any point in buying the Philips cans? Or should I save myself $115?
  5. W

HD 6XX distortion?

I think that listening test ruined me. I think I'm hearing distortion with my HD6XX headphones in the bass and sub-bass registers. I'm using PEACE to EQ and have the automatic clipping protection on. If I boost anything below 200hz I think I am hearing distortion during low transients like kick...
  6. W

Using large studio monitors as a primary listening system

My son is in college and has his first apartment. He listens mostly to hip hop & prog/math rock. How would a pair of JBL 308p monitors or something similar do as a simple music listening solution? I'd get him a Topping DAC or something similar as a source. Is there a downside to using large...
  7. W

Integrated amp/stereo receiver to pair with Elac DBR62?

I bought a pair of DBR62s a few weeks back and I'm very pleased, but I'm running them from a 25wpc amp that needs to be replaced. Must have features I'm looking for are, in order of priority: - Ideally $500 or less - at least 50wpc (the DBR62s are rated at 4 ohms, 125wpc max) - low distortion...
  8. W

Budget Hi-Fi for open concept living room

I'm looking for advice on a couple of things: 1) A main system for the living room. My budget is unfortunately pretty tight (2 kids in college) - I'd love to get 2 kinds of suggestions, one at ~$500, and one at ~$800. I've got an L-shaped open concept living room that's 30' on it's long axis...
Top Bottom