Search results

1. M

Back Wall Treatment for Home Theater

Sound will become just like in headphones. Its not lifeless or anything, simply there is very little interactions with room. I personally like it. Another thought, maybe instead of absorbing sound you'd be better off diffusing it? I have no experience with it, but in theory it can add some...
  2. M

Yes, i was just thinking about lower end of target reverb, because i don't like reverberations... My guess is that it will sound a little better, even with still high decay time of bass. I can tell you my experience. I started with empty room that had about 350 ms of reverberation time. I...
  3. M

Hi, i cant recommend you any specific products, but about other questions. I'm no expert or anything. First about panel depth. Here is absorption coefficient of some rockwool: As you can see, 5 cm will absorb frequencies about 300 hz and higher. 10 cm will absorb about 150 hz and higher. Will do...
  4. M

DIY Subwoofer enclosure questions

Hello. i'm currently trying to figure out what subwoofer enclosure to build. I'll be building 4 same subs. I'll place them in corners of the room. I've already built 3 different enclosures over past years. They are all sealed and small, because i lacked space for bigger subs. Now i finally got a...
  5. M

Room renovation. Questions

Concrete slab was not leveled by itself, instead new 15mm osb subfloor was leveled properly. I used dowel nails if that makes a difference. There was no humps in subfloor. And even if there was a minor one, insulation would have smoothed it out somewhat. I'm actually more worried about...
  6. M

2 walls is concrete about 20 cm. Another 2 walls is mix of concrete and gypsum or something like that, about 8cm. I set all absorption to 0.01 to better show peaks. Positions match. In simulation i moved it around a little. When one peak match others don't...
  7. M

My room is almost square. About 3.05x2.98 m and heigh with new floor is about 2.4 m Thanks for the idea about REW room sim. I tried different settings. While they are pretty close to my measurements, only about half of them match. This was in a different room. Subwoofer was already on some...
  8. M

Hello, I'm doing some renovations in my home theatre room. Basically i want to soundproof room from neighbors. I live in apartment. Recently finished floating floor. But whenever i walk on it i hear a loud booming sound. And i personally don't mind it, but it will affect sound. Floor...
  9. M

Stereo sound interference?

Thanks, that correlates well with my findings. I indeed measure twice with gap about the size of human head and then vector average, because i find it to be more similar with what i actually hear. I tried it "just for fun", similar results. And yeah, double seemed a bit off when i was typing...
  10. M

First, i'm sure that double SPL means +6 dB in speakers, i think you are referring to amplifier power, where double watt would indeed be +3 dB. Second, double speakers play roughly at the same volume as single, i can clearly hear it in tests and music. In tests audio simply moves from side to...
  11. M

Yeah, i understand that mic is not ears, but i've confirmed everything by ears. Most noticeable was quieter female vocal. I tested it with Eq APO, i subtracted Mid-Side and then applied eq to Mid, alas, Eq APO cannot perfectly mix it back together, mixed sound resulted in more mono than it...
  12. M

Hello everyone, the short version of my problem is that two speakers play quieter than when only one speaker is playing. Long version: First i would like to describe the room i'm listening in. It's small very treated with absorption panels room, i.e. ceiling, window, door, every wall except...
  13. M

Semi-useful measurements: Dali Spektor 2 vs Wharfedale Diamond 220

Yeah, unfortunately i dont have equipment that can produce spinorama measurements. Your statement sounds logical to me. But i only wanted to share my findings about this two speakers in rooms such as mine.
  14. M

Semi-useful measurements: Dali Spektor 2 vs Wharfedale Diamond 220

Hello, i recently bought Dali Spektor 2 but after a few tests and thorough listening i decided to sell them back and return to my old Wharfedale Diamond 220, and here is why. Firstly, all my measurements are not very accurate, but its just fine for comparison, i suppose. I have, some might...
  15. M

Resonance + recommend me budget speakers

JBL Stage A130 sure is nice speaker, but look at impedance and phase graph, there is clearly a few resonances, and maybe also port resonance. Ok, so i think what i want to know is can anyone measure any budget speaker up close at room with similar reverberation times as mine? Here is my RT60 at...
  16. M

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately, i can't test any speaker at home without buying it first, and if i buy it and its in fine condition then i cannot return it to shop. I can listen to it at their shop's listening room, but i saw the pictures of their room and its not as treated as mine, so i...
  17. M

Hello, i need some help with choosing new passive bookshelf speakers. I currently own a pair of Wharfedale Diamond 220 and they are quite good and all, but i have this specific problem. I listen in room with low reverberation and can hear some kind of resonance which is gradually decaying...
  18. M

Dual Stereo Subwoofers in multichannel system

Hi, i was a bit overwhelmed after what mitchco and pozz wrote. I think this is what i've been looking all along. So thanks everyone, now i know what to do, hopefully)
  19. M

I just got a thought. What about Denon receiver in 7.1 + bi amp configuration. What about crossovers? Because if I can apply delay and crossover to them, then this option is also viable. Although again inferior to using rear channel because i can only choose within predefined crossover cut...
  20. M

I was also looking at this, but its not fully digital. I'm not sure, but i think i can use USB as input, thats absolutely fine, but it can only output as analog. And it only have got 8 outputs, but for 2 subs + 7 speakers i need 9 outputs. It is almost as above, not fully digital + i can not...
Top Bottom