Search results

1. junki

Amplifier ranking graphics (THD+Noise, SINAD, Output Impedance)

Is there a place on this site or a thread that has the most up-to-date versions of these graphics? Or A Google sheet?
  2. junki

Looking to buy a new amplifier like the Arcam rHead but more powerful

I hope this community with its vast awareness of different amplifiers out in the ether can help me with this. I've been using Arcam rHead for many years, and I love it. It doesn't have the lowest noise floor (or highest SINAD), but the noise floor it has is absolutely inaudible, and what it...
  3. junki

Please help me understand SE/BAL for Topping's amplifier infographic

I don't know that much about single-ended vs. balanced, except that balanced doubles the power, avoids ground loops, provides higher SINAD, and requires the entire DAC-Amplifier chain to be balanced to actually get results. So what does it mean that some amplifiers are SE vs. balanced...
  4. junki

Question about Windows Driver Model

Amir, do you know the definitive answer for what the default playback bitrate and sample rate should be in Windows? I've long selected 24-bit (only choice) 44.1 KHz, assuming anything that's not WASAPI exclusive mode or ASIO will be resampled to 24-bit 44.1KHz before being sent it to my DAC. I...
  5. junki

Budget DAC suggestion

If there is ever need for another round of budget DAC measurements, I'd like to suggest the Stoner Acoustics UD125 as a candidate. AK4490 and ridiculously strong 4.88 Vrms line output. https://stoneracoustics.com/ud125/ I believe someone on Head-fi is selling theirs for $85. EDIT: Yep...
  6. junki

Request: Measurement standardization

Hi, After coming across this community for a few days now and appreciating the measurements, I noticed that rarely is a full set of measurements made (or at least shared) before conclusions, and more times than not only a subset of measurements are made. If possible, I'd like to request some...
  7. junki

Oh no, Audio-gd is bad... (looking for suggestions)

Hi all, I'm new here, and I've been perusing the measurements here, and they're wonderful. Ever since running into Ken Rockwell's iPhone DAC measurements many moons ago, I wondered why the audio community doesn't measure source equipment as often as they do headphones... Anyway, I've been...
Top Bottom