Search results

1. E

Feel it in the chest track.

I am looking for a track with punchy bass that you feel in the chest on your system, inwant to see if mine has this or i should ditch my dual 8inch subs for a 10 or 12 inch?
  2. E

Apple usb c to 3.5 giving loud white noise, help appreciated.

I have an apple usb c to 3.5mm, that works well with my phone, but i need it on my windows pc. When i connect it via usb converter to my pc and play music, the music will stop and be replaced by white noise for a while and then it repeats over and over. I tried different ports, same difference.
  3. E

Is this new tech?

https://www.techradar.com/audio/earbuds-airpods/solid-state-driver-earbuds-are-real-and-theyre-going-to-change-portable-audio or is this a glorified piezo electric buzzer
  4. E

How do you manage iem cables while wearing them?

How do you manage iem cables while wearing them? What do you do with extra lenght and how not to get the cables in a jumble?
  5. E

ls50meta suddenly looses 4db

I have an ls50 meta fed by purifi amp one of the ls50s suddenly sounded less loud. So i pulled spl meter, from my position and directly infront of each speaker and there was 4db difference give or take in both. So it is not my hearing which is a relief. What can this be? is it defective? or is...
  6. E

ASR recommended by ChatGPT

Here is a chat i did with ChatGPT the important part is close to the end can you find data about the distortion of model he4xx headphone by hifiman? 2 / 2 Sure! The HiFiMan HE4XX is an open-back planar magnetic headphone. According to the manufacturer's specifications, the distortion of...
  7. E

Cheapest LDAC to optical or rca

Does anyone know of a cheaper way to get LDAC input to your dac than fiio bta30 at 90$? Optical or COAX is a must.
  8. E

How do iems with multiple drivers crossover?

How is the crossover made with multiple drivers in iems
  9. E

Idiosyncrasies of Roon interface driving me mad

I posted this in roon forums too, posted here because i value the audio opinions here more than other places Song lists When ever there is a screen that has a list of songs like a playlist or all favorite tracts, the options should be the same or very close to being the same. Note: I...
  10. E

CCA or Raspberry pi 4 for roon endpoint.

On roon forums the only valid point I heard other than subjective audio quality was the fact that with a pi 4 you get roon's raat protocol as a transport whereas chrome cast uses its own protocol that roon uses but does not control. Also cca only supports 96/24 and rpi 4 goes to 192/24 or more...
  11. E

Chromecast 96/24 guaranteed by protocol?

I found a nice gadget that is a desktop chromecast audio with a screen that show what is playing now. It has analog out and digital out but no optical. They do not specify max bitrate hance the question.
  12. E

Frequency sweep and hearing loss.

While correcting for my room and speakers, i ran a frequency sweep and during it i noticed that i heard nothing above 10khz. I am 52, so i expected hearing loss but not 10k. Was it too loud Iron Maiden when i was young? Also does anyone have any data on whether all loud noises make you loose...
  13. E

Is the slope too much for this room.

I learned here that the inroom response usually slants down, but i feel that this slant down is too much. Any help appreciated. The room has some foam panels that i put, and being a bedroom has a lot of soft furniture.
  14. E

Pics of your room treatment

It would be nice if the gurus and the not gurus share with us their room treatment.
  15. E

M500 discount at amazon

I do not need this but the smsl m500 has gone down from 400 to 339$ https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07X287BXC/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=A3DLIZX4T1QPH&psc=1
  16. E

Motu 624 as home dac for crossover of subs

I want to know the experience of people using motu or even other multichannel studio dacs as a home dac Is there a convenient way to change sources between usb and optical? Has anyone tried it with purifi or ncore amps which do not have dc protection and i think these interfaces go down to 0hz...
  17. E

Are "audiophiles" composed of more introverts than extroverts?

I generally find that music appreciation is better alone, is that trait a common one here? Are most of you intro or extroverts?
  18. E

Best way to connect sub

I am a newbie compared to you guys so reaching out for help. I got a system that is pure and the electronics are all from transparently tested gear stereo and no pre and i want the best way to connect a sub, so here is my setup Dac:Soncoz SGD1 ( sinad -120db) Amp: Nord Purifi (Sinad about...
  19. E

My views on Vifa Oslo

I bought it blind ( or rather deaf ) online based on reviews and here is my take. The good news is This is the best sound i have heard from a portable bluetooth speaker perdiod. Granted here the selection is limited to JBL, bose, UE, house of marly, and band and olfusen and this beats them...
  20. E

Revel speakers with international shipping

I live in Egypt. We do not have a revel dealer. Does anyone know a revel dealer with good international shipping rates?
Top Bottom