• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

Pics of your room treatment

Katji

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Yes, we need more pics for inspiration. There are 2 such threads, one with not many pics and the other is mostly fancy $$$$ cinema style.

Somafunk

Relatively cheap but very effective room treatment from GIK acoustics, made a helluva difference in my small room.

DonH56

Major Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
Mine was heavily treated, less so now. Pix in the member's thread (not sure where right now). I used modeling SW and a drawing package to do ray traces to select placement, plus gobs of measurements. It was a fun few weeks (not really, but productive).

Harmonie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I hope that room treatment for the ears doesn't prevent other pleasures, like decoration for the eyes.
A matter of balance or ... harmony.

DWPress

Forum Donor
I built these difsorbers based on Arqen's plans and I used them in a 5 panel array in a profiled modulation set up. They are solid cork with a laminated surface:
QRD2.jpg

Along with the beginnings of a cloud (the spacing has since changed and lighting updated). You can see more absorption panels behind the speakers but I plan on replacing them with another array like above but a little taller and 7 panels instead of 5:
room.jpg

I'm in the process of building some folded well diffuser arrays for the sidewall 1st reflection point and I'll be close to done I think.

Hipper

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Interesting set up - listening whilst lying down on height adjustable and mobile bed using moveable ceiling speakers.

Not sure about the bed straps though. Is that to try and stop you moving about to the music so you keep your head in a vice like sweet spot?

Somafunk

"JSmith : What's in the clear plastic bags next to each speaker?"

Mexicana Cubensis & McKennii mushroom grow kits.