Search results

1. 04gto

Audeze LCD-XC Review (Closed-back Headphone)

If by "black plastic cup" do you mean the carbon fiber laid over plastic? (according to Audeze support when I asked if it was real CF) There is no correlation between the change from wood to carbon fiber. The carbon fiber cups were released a year or more before the "2021" changes (which...
  2. 04gto

Here you go: Audeze And more info here: LCD-X and XC Update
  3. 04gto

RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE

It is truly amazing what can be found by simply reading the manual.
  4. 04gto

What headphone(s) do you own ?

Audeze LCD-XC v2021 (had this for exactly two years and I will never sell these) ZMF Eikon Marblewood (three months, had the Teak version before, sold it and regretted selling it, these won't be going anywhere) HD6XX (two months, had it before, sold it and regretted selling it, these are here to...
  5. 04gto

Your Desktop Audio Setup?

Hello. Beautiful set up.
  6. 04gto

I currently own the 2021 LCD-XC and for a short period I also had an LCD-2 Closed on hand. The areas where the XC bests the 2 closed by a good margin are in my opinion: 1. Clarity- the LCD-2 in direct comparison has a slight veil over the entire frequency range. Similar in going from an HD800 to...
  7. 04gto

Qudelix-5K Bluetooth DAC & Headphone Amp

I am on iOS so still waiting. I am sure it won't be long. Glad to see I am not the only person who thinks one Qudelix 5k is not enough :)
  8. 04gto

RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE

Nice info. I have not gotten that far in the delightful manual yet.
  9. 04gto

RME ADI-2 FS Version 2 DAC and Headphone Amp Review

I have been following along on RME forums for years, there is no update of the RME ADI-2 DAC pending, at least not publicly. Also as that relates to the RME ADI-2 PRO series, the 2/4 is not an update, but a different 'special' model that will be produced in limited batches. Not limited numbers...
  10. 04gto

RAAL requisite CA-1a Headphone Review

When I was at CanJam SoCal 2022, I walked right passed these because the RAAL driver technology type produces a sound that I don't think is good in general. I am glad I did not waste my time stopping to listen to this mess. That is the highest distortion I have ever seen on a headphone at any...
  11. 04gto

RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE

But which ESS?
  12. 04gto

RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE

Seems like a lot more than dubious improvements to me: From the latest post on the RME forums: "Differences ADI-2 Pro to ADI-2/4 Pro - Brief Overview Extended and improved RefLevel structure: +1 dBu, +7 dBu, +13 dBu, +19 dBu, +24 dBu Same RefLevels on Phones Outputs as 3 power states: IEM (+1...
  13. 04gto

How do you hear headphone 'soundstage'

I voted "it depends" because I can experience soundstage on a headphone (or IEM) a lot of different ways depending on the headphone. A few examples: HD800/S- 3D, but a bit more in width. With variable depth in all directions. Though sometimes bigger than it should be. LCD-XC (2021)- 3D almost...
  14. 04gto

Snake Oil Department, Top This

#9 is actually my favorite 'solution' to better sound.
  15. 04gto

Snake Oil Department, Top This

Stunningly beautiful cables. Too bad I am highly allergic to Cryogen (and getting getting taken for my lunch money). $400
  16. 04gto

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

Soundstage, note weight, vocal timbre, vocal realism, micro details, dynamic impact- In direct relation to how an amplifier effects slam or even texture differences between driver types (dynamic, planar etc). We don't need to "just take my word for it". Sometimes it can be explained by impedance...
  17. 04gto

I think it is fine if other people like it. I really love the build and feel of all the Chord products I have touched. I really just expected the TT2 to sound 'normal', like most amps do. But in the same way I also loved the DCA Stealth headphones, I was just disappointed by the sound. Hell I...
  18. 04gto

Lots if things cannot be explained by measurements. So the'facts' as you put it will have no correlation. Example: When I had my Hifiman Ananda and Hifiman Arya at the the same time, I had them both EQ'd to the same frequency target. Ananda still sounded thinner (less weghty notes) even though...
  19. 04gto

CHORD Hugo TT2 Review (DAC & HP Amp)

I had one of the most disappointing audio experiences ever recently. I attended CanJam SoCal 2022. Towards the end of the show I spotted a TH900 connected to a TT2. Both of which I was always curious to try. TH900 is a known bass cannon. TT2 owners always talking about how 'special' the sound...
Top Bottom