Search results

1. B

best way to measure and evaluate various line driver outputs?

Hello, what is the best way to test and make comparisons between different line level outputs in terms of driving long cables? From the research I've done the output current is the big deciding factor when in comes to driving long cable runs. What's a practical way of measuring this? Or is...
  2. B

Why can't a Sine Wave be used for testing high-power Class D amps?

Hello, As the title suggested, I don't understand why a sine wave can't be used to test modern, high-power, class d amplifiers. Some of the large PA amps I've recently looked at have dsp build-in which appear to clamp down any waveform that looks like a continuous sine wave. Would someone be...
  3. B

Passive mic level audio splitter circuit?

Hello, I need to make a passive audio mic splitter for my live record rig. I understand the drawbacks of passive splitting but equally, I know plenty of people that do so with no issues. Most modern XLR input stages have a 10kohm input impedance so splitting 3 ways should be fine. I need...
  4. B

Lake LM44 processor as DAC and room correction?

Hello, I was wondering if anyone has ever measured the Lake LM44 processors? https://www.lakeprocessing.com/Categories/Lake/LM-SERIES/LM-44/p/P0CP3#googtrans(en|en) Primarily used in the live sound industry but I was thinking it could potentially be a good DAC and be used for room correction...
Top Bottom