Search results

1. B

best way to measure and evaluate various line driver outputs?

Yes it's an existing commercial project, I don't personally have any say over this project but it did inspire the question about driving long cables and possible sonic consequences of doing so. And I would like to know would driving the amps line level from different pieces of equipment make a...
  2. B

what about overcoming cable capacitance? Would that not cause the HF to start rowing off? Or does that happen regardless of what you are driving the line level signal with?
  3. B

it would indeed, and that may well happen, (it's not my project) but I'm also just curious how to compare the output drive capabilities of difference pieces of equipment.
  4. B

Hi, this is a for a large installation with really long cable runs 300feet +, and then feeding multiple amplifiers with 10+ parallel connections so the input impedance is well below 10k. Not ideal but nothing can be changed now. Some enthusiastic sales people are claiming that upgrading the...
  5. B

Hello, what is the best way to test and make comparisons between different line level outputs in terms of driving long cables? From the research I've done the output current is the big deciding factor when in comes to driving long cable runs. What's a practical way of measuring this? Or is...
  6. B

Why can't a Sine Wave be used for testing high-power Class D amps?

I'm starting to regret asking...... Does none of the info on the DIY-audio thread ring true?
  7. B

FYI, I've only seen this issue on very high-power amplifier designs, small class d amps are totally fine.
  8. B

I just found this online: https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/test-signal-for-max-power-test-of-class-d.218513/
  9. B

but this is how you evaluate a traditional Class A/B amp, using sine waves.
  10. B

absolutely nowhere near the rated output. I've been told before not to use sine waves for testing these amps, I'd like to understand why.
  11. B

The sinewave is reproduced by the amp but as the level is increased the amplifier heavily limits the signal. You don't get anywhere near the potential full output of the amp.
  12. B

Hi, amplifers like the lab gruppen PLM's: https://www.labgruppen.com/product.html?modelCode=P0F66 Or the Crown I-tech range: https://www.crownaudio.com/en/product_families/i-tech-hd-series Try sticking a sine wave into an amp like this, it's not happy. I'm just trying to understand the...
  13. B

Hello, As the title suggested, I don't understand why a sine wave can't be used to test modern, high-power, class d amplifiers. Some of the large PA amps I've recently looked at have dsp build-in which appear to clamp down any waveform that looks like a continuous sine wave. Would someone be...
  14. B

Passive mic level audio splitter circuit?

Hello, I need to make a passive audio mic splitter for my live record rig. I understand the drawbacks of passive splitting but equally, I know plenty of people that do so with no issues. Most modern XLR input stages have a 10kohm input impedance so splitting 3 ways should be fine. I need...
  15. B

EquiTech 1.5RQ Balanced Power Review

That's the most accurate description I've seen! Just from a live audio perspective, I know of a major world-touring artist that brought their entire audio system to the US. To keep the existing touring infrastructure they used a very large step up transformer so they essentially ran their...
  16. B

We measure audio equipment for free!!!

Hello Amir, I was wondering if you could possibly test the Lab Gruppen Lake LM44 / LM26 processors? https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/lake-lm44-processor-as-dac-and-room-correction.12979/ I saw your recent review of the Lab Gruppen E 4.2 and it got me thinking again...
  17. B

Lake LM44 processor as DAC and room correction?

Hello, I was wondering if anyone has ever measured the Lake LM44 processors? https://www.lakeprocessing.com/Categories/Lake/LM-SERIES/LM-44/p/P0CP3#googtrans(en|en) Primarily used in the live sound industry but I was thinking it could potentially be a good DAC and be used for room correction...
Top Bottom