Search results

1. S

Verge / CES: The Frame has become such a hit that Samsung is making a speaker version

Interesting article and speaker. The Sonos / Ikea version didn't completely suck, and with Harman working on these I expect them to be fairly descent. https://www.theverge.com/2024/1/7/24029243/samsung-music-frame-speaker-announced-specs-features More specifically, the Music Frame contains...
  2. S

Corsair is buying DIY mechanical keyboard [and desktop audio] brand Drop

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2023/07/corsair-is-buying-diy-mechanical-keyboard-brand-drop/ I'm concerned about Drop's continued existence in the audio business. The press release and all of the articles are focusing on the keyboard side of the business.
  3. S

Report: Faulty HDMI 2.1 chip in receivers also prevents QMS from working (not fixable?)

flatpanelshd article In 2020, Denon, Marantz and Yamaha launched the first receivers with HDMI 2.1. Such HDMI 2.1 receivers are required if you want to pass-though PS5 or Xbox Series X's highest-quality video signals (4K120 with HDR, 8K60, 120Hz VRR etc.) through the receiver. Unfortunately...
  4. S

LTT: Blind Test of external blu-ray vs x-box X

Really good video talking about color space and blind testing of dolby vision support. LTT is getting into more objective testing of audio as well and it will be interesting what they future holds.
  5. S

HiFi vs Home Theater Speakers. What's the difference? [How I learned to interpret Spin DI]

A big thanks to hardisj for this video!! I've watched them all from him and our fearless leader, as well as interviews, etc., but this is the first time I think Directivity Index ever "clicked". Maybe because I already had all that background, but thanks so much! All in 30 minutes!
  6. S

Help with speaker location in remodel

I'm trying to determine what to use for speakers and am especially having trouble determining which model of Revel for in wall / in ceiling, and what to do about a rear right speaker. I'm currently thinking: W363 for in wall, with the W253L for the center, but all the MtM reviews I've seen...
  7. S

Study confirms superior sound of a Stradivari is due to the varnish

Interesting (and detailed article) about the hunt for the Stradivariuse's unique sound, diving into blind listening tests, CT's, etc. I think the superior portion of the headline overstates the case though. Study confirms superior sound of a Stradivari is due to the varnish | Ars Technic...
  8. S

2.1 using Moto M4 as DAC

Ok I'm looking to build a nearfield (computer) 2.1 system, and I'm trying to figure out if I'm missing anything. I'm thinking a pair of Genelec 8030C, an 8-10" sub in the 500 dollar range, and a Motu M4 for the DAC / Interface. I already have a good USB mic, but may want additional mics or...
  9. S

Klippel's Near-Field Scanner vs Anechoic Chamber: Discussion with Christian Bellmann (A Klippel designer)

So I haven't seen this mentioned elsewhere, and it was posted yesterday, but Erin of Erin's Audio Corner interviews / discusses / gets lectured by one of the Klippel designers.
Top Bottom