Search results

1. B

Looking for recommendations: 4k Blu-ray with an app/control over IP

As the title says, I'm looking for a 4k Blu-ray player that has a) an android mobile app for control, or b) integration capability for two-way control over IP, or c) ideally both. I'll be using it for redbook CD and DVD/Blu-ray/4k Blu-ray playback. Atmos, Dolby Vision and related HDR support...
  2. B

Standard REW graph settings?

Hi all, Are there industry or ASR community standards for the microphone position (MLP or spatially averaged), stereo vs mono left or right sweep, dB range, smoothing, and other relevant settings for various REW graphs when measuring a room? And is there a standard best practice ‘group of...
  3. B

Phase Issue Impacting Right Channel Only

Hi all, I have a puzzling phase issue that is deteriorating the spaciousness and envelopment of the audio system in a dedicated listening room, and I'm interested in hearing any thoughts on what may be happening. I made a series of changes to my room and I can't pin down exactly when the issue...
  4. B

Best effort room and audio system build

12/16/2022 Edit: Pics added 10/18/2023 Edit: Pics updated Hello ASR Friends! This thread is to consolidate information and share the outcome of my room build for those who’ve expressed interest along the way. There are headings so you can read only what you're interested in. Notes I hired...
  5. B

Input needed: Do I really need surge protectors and other electrical system gadgets?

Hi all, I’m about to have the electrical run for my dedicated A/V room (2-channel is priority but will include a 9.1.6 atmos). The A/V room will have it’s own sub-panel and the rack located just outside the room. Here‘s the suggested electrical gear and I’d love to know the thoughts those in...
  6. B

Subjective opinions only (no objective analysis please)... what do you think of these speakers?

Edit: the title is just a little light hearted ASR humor... thought some folks might enjoy seeing what the M2s look like with a better finish. Opinions on the new look are welcome! Those are factory grills with the cloth removed; trying to decide if I like them better covered or exposed...
  7. B

SOLD!!!: Pair of JBL M2s (Sold) and Crown Amp (Sold)

Edit: corrected pricing due to my error Edit on 7/1/2022: seller will not ship internationally (USA only). Edit on 11/22/2022: Updated location Edit on 1/4/2023: Updated amp to $2500 M2s- Sold 11/30/2022 Hi all, Listing these for a family friend- please PM me for his direct contact...
  8. B

Sealing a JBL 5628 subwoofer... A bad idea?

Hi all, This is my first attempt at using a speaker modeling program and designing any type of enclosure, and I don't know what I don't know. I've modeled (using my best estimates) the JBL 5628 subwoofer in WinIsd, and the SPL tracks very closely to JBL's published frequency response. I also...
  9. B

Home theater speaker selections?

I’m currently planning to finish ~2300 sq. ft. of my basement, of which ~550 sq ft (~19’Wx29’Lx8.5’H) will be for a dedicated hometheater and listening room. 2-channel listening is the priority, and necessary trade-offs will always be in favor of 2-channel performance. Front L/R duties will be...
  10. B

Amp upgrade for JBL M2 (would be submitted for testing)

@amirm I tried to send a PM but I keep getting blocked as spam... Many thanks for the wonderful forum you've created and the testing service you're providing for the audio community! If you're interested in testing the amps below, then I'd be interested in learning how the process works and...
Top Bottom