Search results

1. F

BK Electronic subwoofer - any experience?

I am thinking of buying a BK Electronics subwoofer. BK are a UK based manufacturer, which is a plus for me and seem to be a respected brand, and the on-paper price performance looks great. I am probably going to get a 10 inch one to complement my main speakers, and I would like the smallest sub...
  2. F

Cavern QuickEQ - Basic How to

For those of you who want to do room correction measurements, but find the software too confusing or expensive I thought I would post a quick guide to using Cavern EQ which is available at the great price of FREE!. I have been using various different measurement mics and software for a while...
  3. F

Same speakers and room measured using ARC3 and REW

I have been tinkering with DRC using IK Multimedia ARC3 using their MEMMs microphone and REW using a very cheap uncalibrated measuring MIC (Subzero from Gear4Music costs about 20 GBP). I finally got an opportunity to setup and measure my main speakers chain being laptop -> MOTU M2 -> Purifi...
  4. F

Delays Importing DIY components from EU to UK

I took the plunge and ordered a purifi Eval1 from the Netherlands for delivery to the UK along with a Ghent Audio Case from China and a Hypex PSU from KJF electronics in the UK. The PSU arrived first, followed shortly by the Case from Ghent Audio, but I am still awaiting the Purifi amp units...
  5. F

Selling EAR V20 Valve Amplifier

I am advertising rather than selling via ASR - here is a link to the ebay sale of my EAR V20 amplifier. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114781262252 I am listing at £3700 and open to reasonable offers, as per the advert the amp is in near mint condition. i.e. I can't see any cosmetic faults but I...
  6. F

Same Speakers very different filters

My desktop system consists of iLoud micro-monitors supplemented with a Fostex sub-mini 2. I have just tried replacing my manual eq with filters generated by ik Multimedia Arc 3 system and one generated via REW using pink noise. I have attached graphs, I followed the approach outlined on the...
  7. F

IK Multimedia Arc 3 System

I have recently bought the Arc 3 system. It has the same name and version as that of the Anthem Amplifiers and initially I thought that they were the same, but they are not. I have the iLoud micro monitors and IK gives you money off if you have registered products worth over 100 euro. You can...
  8. F

Level Matching for DBT

Can more experienced members please advise on acceptable ways to level match 2 sources prior to posting DBT test results. I am looking for the simplest/easiest/cheapest and least risk approach for a newbie to follow.
  9. F

Soundstage and Electronics?

The first stand-alone DAC that I owned was an Audio Alchemy DAC-in-the-box. I was immensely pleased with this and decided to compare it to my old and free technics record deck, I was expecting to laugh at the awful sound coming from the record deck. Instead I was shocked at how massive the...
Top Bottom