Search results

1. Russ_L

Anthem AVM90 AV Processor Review

Emotiva processors XMC-2, RMC-1 and RMC-1L are fully balanced input to output. Russ
  2. Russ_L

Marantz AV10 AV Processor Review

After consulting with Amir the updated RMC-1 measured quite nicely with a SINAD of 100. I expect the G4P processors from Emotiva to do a little better. Maybe match the AV10. Russ
  3. Russ_L

Which units in the comprehensive list above were without faults right out of the gate? Rhetorical. NONE. Currently, my XMC-2 is working flawlessly (I don’t use Dirac so can’t comment on that). Russ
  4. Russ_L

You’ve left Emotiva off your very comprehensive list. In a call last week an Emotiva employee in the know told me “they expect to release their next generation (G4P) processors in January”. The pricing should be very reasonable at (approximately) 3, 4 and 5 thousand dollars for the XMC-2, RMC-1L...
  5. Russ_L

You replied to the wrong post. Please reply to my corrected post. Then state which fact is wrong (without rambling on and on). Russ DTUPC maven PS - I’ve developed many tens of millions of dollars of various products during my forty-seven year engineering career.
  6. Russ_L

Correcting myself. NRE (non recurring engineering) is charged directly to the initial design and may be amortized. R&D is a write off. Russ
  7. Russ_L

What would be more interesting and provide better empirical data would be to measure an 8500h with all the amps on and then all the amps off. No apples to oranges there. Amir? Russ
  8. Russ_L

Intuitive. The complexity goes up substantially in an AVR. Note that the higher end Denon AVRs allow the unused amplifiers to be turned off. Must be a reason for that. Russ
  9. Russ_L

Yes. But with numerous amplifiers in close proximity to the balance of the circuitry I would expect (at least) 5-10 dB loss in SINAD. Russ
  10. Russ_L

NRE (R&D) are not amortized into hardware prices. Both are a cost of doing business so are deductible from income at tax time. Russ
  11. Russ_L

The new Anthem processors, the 70 and the 90, also lack an USB input. Russ
  12. Russ_L

Schiit Tyr mono amplifier

Musical Fidelity has been using this technique in their higher end amps and preamps forever. Russ
  13. Russ_L

3 Generations of Marantz flagship integrated amps measured

Agree, a balanced power amp in would be a nice way to connect the front L/R balanced outputs of my Emotiva XMC-2. I’ve noticed also that many integrateds, not just the PM-10, lack triggers which I see as a big oversight. Russ
  14. Russ_L

3 Generations of Marantz flagship integrated amps measured

Enjoyed reading your comparison test. The PM-10 is at the top of my buy list. Russ
  15. Russ_L

Emotiva XMC-2 AVP Review (Sample 2)

Puzzling as the RMC-1 you tested measured much much better than the XMC-2 but both have the exact same circuitry (for all practical purposes). Russ
  16. Russ_L

Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Communicator Review (Phono Preamp)

Just checked the Graham Slee website. The Communicator is 188 pounds (about $245) shipped to the states. A little better but nothing to get excited about. I have a Graham Slee Accession for a few years. An excellent sounding MM phono stage.
  17. Russ_L

Topping DX5 Stereo DAC & HP Amp Review (Video)

Another well done video. Thanks amir. Russ
  18. Russ_L

Response to PS Audio on P12 PowerPlant Measurements (Video)

Going fishing this weekend so I hit my local Bass Pro Shop today. Stopped at the boat anchor department first. They had three anchors in stock. A P12 for $5,499. A P15 for $7,499 and a P20 for $9,999. Not to my taste so I’ll just fill a Home Depot bucket with concrete and use the saved $$$ for...
  19. Russ_L

Audiophonics HPA-S400ET Review (Stereo Amplifier)

I only meant to show a unit with a gain switch on the back panel. I believe the C298 also has a gain switch. In any case, plenty of NAD dealers so getting 20% off MSRP should not be a problem. Would love to see either one measured by Amir. Russ
Top Bottom