Search results

1. L

Just scored: bought a pair of PSB Synchrony One towers

Wow, thanks for the graph comparison. The PSB does look better overall especialy the bass region, I'm a bit tempted.
  2. L

Just scored: bought a pair of PSB Synchrony One towers

There's a used pair of Synchrony One selling locally at around $2,000. Would it be a big upgrade from my current KEF R500?
  3. L

XTZ 99.25 LCR Measurements

Interesting to hear the tweeter get more love. The speaker caught my attention because of the Seas Excel Woofer.
  4. L

Triangle Borea BR03 Review (bookshelf speaker)

Thanks Amir and the donor. I've been waiting for the review on this one. Looks like a decent speaker. $400 at my place. (Elac DBR62 is $800 here)
  5. L

How to argue with people who believes "Digital Cable" make different? [sorry]

Hi, Well to be more clear, we're talking about same technology/version. For example, a $15 HDMI 2.0 cable vs a $400 gold plated HDMI 2.0 cable (probably with fancy shield if it matters).
  6. L

How to argue with people who believes "Digital Cable" make different? [sorry]

TLDR; Please provide the link/studies/blind test/double blind test/ that digital cable makes no different (or if it makes different?) Sorry I need to start this kind of thread, I don't normally argue "directly" with people who believe digital cable makes different because there's no point to do...
  7. L

Stacking subwoofer - what's the benefit? (e.g. Rel Stack)

It's putting subwoofer(s) "on" another sub, stacking them. This one:
  8. L

Stacking subwoofer - what's the benefit? (e.g. Rel Stack)

My local audio shop heavily promote this Rel stack hype recently. I kinda understand that multiple sub placement + DSP can help with room mode. But this kind of configuration - Stacking 3+ subwoofers and using high level input (so, no DSP?) and putting them back behind each main speakers...
  9. L

Share your in-room measurements?

Just 1st day unboxing the mic and test. Bookshelf speaker using Vifa NE180 + Scanspeak 9500 Before EQ After EQ - Not sure why but I prefer the before EQ sound, any idea? - Response graph wise, which one should be better? - Any recommendation?
  10. L

PSB Alpha P5 Speaker Review

Noob question here. Could anyone explain me a bit about "Directivity"? How could we know there's error in the graph? What is it and how it affect the sound?
  11. L

Capacitor upgrade in crossover - Is it audible?

So from my understanding, crossover affect the whole sound of the speaker a lot. But that's purely from the crossover design, not the brand/material of the capacitor(s) used.
  12. L

Are subwoofers pretty much the same?

Thanks for the link. Looks like SVS is making really good subwoofers compared to others.
  13. L

PMC Twenty.21 Bookshelf Speaker Review

This kind of review totally change my perspective of the brand - PMC and also the Totem. Now I'm wondering about ProAc.
  14. L

Need advice on using PC as a 5.1 decoder for other source (PS4/PS5).

Agreed ..the least expensive is all in one AVR with amps, and the most expensive one is a pure decoder. RIP wallet.
  15. L

Thank you, looks like there's no easy and budget friendly way to make PC works as a home theater decoder. Thank you for your input. Yes I currently use PC onboard DAC and run 4.1 analog into poweramps. - 2x Mono block ICEPower amp for front L/R - Stereo ICEpower amp for rear - 1 active...
  16. L

Hi ASR, I'm currently using PC, mostly for games and Netflix. On a 4.1 speakers (Phantom center) with Realtek on board sound card. Planning to buy a new console (PS5 or XBOX?) and want to use the same audio system without too much cost. Is there any external sound card/solution to do so, with...
  17. L

$400/pc Spike Support Feet review and measurement

My local audio store posted these on their page. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Thought? http://www.hifistay.co.kr/bbs/board.php?bo_table=news&wr_id=19
  18. L

Higher Watt vs Lower Watt Amplifier, listen at the same loudness. Is there any benefit?

Hi, thanks for the input, For more specific example. Currently I'm using 70w DIY Nap140 clone amp, with DIY Peerless speakers. Planning to try Class D amp using IcePower or NCore module. For example, - NCore NC122mp amp (75w/ch at 8 ohm) - NCore NC252mp amp (125w/ch at 8 ohm) Would the...
  19. L

Higher Watt vs Lower Watt Amplifier, listen at the same loudness. Is there any benefit?

Higher Watt vs Lower Watt Amplifier, listen at the same loudness. Is there any benefit? Assuming all environments are the same, only watt difference (e.g. 120w/CH vs 70w/CH) The reason to ask is there has been suggestions, and also from some subjective review, said that some speakers need...
  20. L

Does good measurement system sound good to your ears?

Would love to know your subjective experience on highly measured system (or individual equipment/amp/speakers). What gear did you use/comparison with and what's the outcome. Been thinking of trying the good measurement system (e.g. Dac + Hypex Power Amp + Revel M16 Bookshelf Speakers).
Top Bottom