Search results

1. W

Are crossovers in speakers overrated?

Other than the obvious speaker protection function on tweeters or midrange drivers of course. Some guys swear they are the most important part of any speaker, yet I've had a few speaker designs which have had no or minimal crossovers and they have been some of the best speakers I've owned. But...
  2. W

What are the things you wish you knew when starting out in this hobby?

One I can think of is the more it costs or the hype behind it seriously doesn't mean the better the music gets.
  3. W

Can audio equipment be equalized to sound the same? Or very near by adjusting frequencies?

Can audio equipment be equalized to sound the same using frequency adjustment? As many know we are listening to various changes in frequency that set tonal characteristics and presentations of the equipment of our preference. There's more to it obviously such as how the sound is projected...
  4. W

What is the best value for money/cheapest DAC which measures well? £ for £ / $ for $ and lowest cost.

The Topping D90SE is the king of the list as far as I can see but value for money, does anyone know off the top of their head just from studying the test results which DAC in the results list gives the ultimate performance per cost? And is there a DAC under £40 for instance that can get near...
  5. W

Most DACs 'more than' good enough yet still, people keep searching for Holy Grails. Why?

With the standards of DACs in measurements terms getting extremely high why do people still search and try to find meaning in their equipment or justify high prices? If DACs are now of a certain standard I am only assuming it is flavour, colouration or distortion within the equipment...
  6. W

The famous or infamous A B X test (Matrix HiFi)

I think most are familiar with the A B X test which has had a good few years banding around the internet now. http://matrixhifi.com/ENG_contenedor_ppec.htm Wonder if there's consideration of another taking place at some point in the future, like a slightly newer take two variant? Although the...
Top Bottom