Search results

1. dshreter

CANVAS TV soundbar

https://www.canvashifi.com/ This looks like an interesting product being shown off at CES, and on their tech page it looks like it's being measured on a klippel. Has anyone actually seen one in person? I remember when it was originally announced a few years ago as a kickstarter it seemed to...
  2. dshreter

Why aren’t concert films more popular?

I remember back in the day at Circuit City watching and listening to Eagles on DVD in surround sound. To me it seemed clear that was supposed to be the future of audio entertainment bringing together high(er) fidelity digital video and surround sound audio, leaping past the experience of stereo...
  3. dshreter

What products are missing?

Starting a thread to discuss realistic products that are seemingly missing from the market. What product would I like? A compact mainstream HDMI eARC enabled 2.1 pre-amp for use with powered speakers. Powered speakers have become much more popular and are my desired upgrade path. Ease of use...
  4. dshreter

Why are there so many speaker companies?

It surprises me that there are SO MANY OPTIONS in the market for speakers. Even in just the premium speaker segment it feels like there are hundreds of manufacturers out there. Each with several models, some spanning active and passive, subwoofers, bookshelves to towers. This seems counter to...
  5. dshreter

Connecting two systems to one subwoofer?

I have two systems in one room and am trying to determine if I could safely connect both systems to the same subwoofer without too much trouble. One system has a Sonos AMP serving electronic duties for a TV The other is a desktop system with a Motu M2 connected to KH80 active monitors...
  6. dshreter

Should you use Fletcher-Munson loudness compensation?

I know many are familiar with the Fletcher-Munson or equal loudness curves. In a nutshell: “The Fletcher Munson Curve contains a set of graphs that show that when you listen to music at a lower volume, mid-range frequencies will be sound more prominent, whereas high and low frequencies will be...
  7. dshreter

HDMI ARC interface?

I would like to get a pair of Genelec 8330a (I think) for use with a TV. I'm struggling a bit with finding an interface that makes for straightforward system. Requirements: AES/EBU output Remote volume control Digital input Very nice to have: HDMI ARC input Volume control that operates via...
  8. dshreter

The quantification of stereo imaging

One of the most rewarding attributes of a stereo system that is setup well in a room is the presence of clear stereo imaging. For me, this is the sensation that sound is emanating directly from the space between the speakers, but others even go as far as to describe a 3d sound stage that can...
  9. dshreter

Should Class D amps be fed analogue or digital?

With my small brain understanding of Class D amplification, they can operate with a digital input that goes straight into the amplification circuit without first requiring digital to analogue conversion. And that when provided with an analogue input, they do what could be described as analogue...
Top Bottom