Search results

1. M

Tanchjim Origin IEM Review

I have tried a few IEMs (FiiO JD7, Kiwi Ears Cadenza, triple driver ones) and hate them. I find them all very uncomfortable (the JD7 IEMS sound very good, though). My go-to earbuds are the Apple EarPods. I can wear them all day long without any problems, they have a good mic for calls and a very...
  2. M

Poll: How do you primarily listen to audio at home?

Option 6: Apple EarPods connected to a Mac or iPhone.
  3. M

Brand New to Forum: Trying to settle on a mini amp :(

I use an Aiyima T9 Pro with Klipsch RP-150M, with an iPhone as a source connected via RCA input. It sounds pretty good, clean, detailed, and non-fatiguing. Volume goes from 0 to 100, and when it’s set to 25, it already fills my small home office with sound. Set to 35 or 40, it’s very loud. I...
  4. M

Active Speakers with DSP and Room Correction?

Are there any active speakers with DSP and mic-based room EQ correction? This is what I would like; DSP, ideally programmable DSP (ideally with vocal and midrange modes), not v-shaped DSP only optimized for emphasized highs and bass. I hate that. Dirac-like room EQ with mic Variable loudness to...
  5. M

Comfortable yet Good-sounding Wired Earbuds?

I use Apple's EarPods because they are incredibly comfortable (to me), convenient (mic for calls), and non-fatiguing. Their sound quality is apparently mediocre, according to the review on RTINGS.com: midrange and treble are great, but bass is not. I'm not into wireless earbuds at all. Are there...
  6. M

Movies Worth Owning

Chuck (2007-2012) because every episode has a reference to a movie or a TV show worth watching, so you’re being very efficient with your time while watching one of the best TV shows ever made. And episode 2.12 has the reference to The Shawshank Redemption.
  7. M

Polk Audio LSiM 703 is this too much speaker for Loxjie A30?

I use the LSiM703s with a Yamaha R-N803 (100Wx2, 8 ohm) and it's plenty powerful.
  8. M

Marantz SR8015 Review (Home Theater AVR)

Why don't they use class-D amplification in AVRs? One would think that class D would be a prime candidate in this product class.
  9. M

Yamaha R-N803 Smart Receiver Review

Yes, the Yamaha will drive the Elac speakers just fine. You'll go deaf well before the Yamaha starts having issues with them.
  10. M

Topping D30 Pro and VTV NC252MP for main stereo?

I usually see the Topping D30 Pro recommended as a desktop DAC in conjunction with the A30 Pro but do you see any valid reason not to use it in a home stereo setup as a DAC/pre-amp with a laptop as the USB source and in conjunction with a VTV NC252MP power amp connected to passive speakers?
  11. M

Yamaha R-N803 Smart Receiver Review

I have this amp connected to a pair of Polk LSiM703. It sounds great. At low volume, for background music, the YPAO EQ automatically compensates for the Fletcher-Munson curve and makes background music more full-bodied. At higher volumes, pure direct mode sounds great. Built-in network...
  12. M

Amount of power needed for dynamic peaks?

Guys, at what volume level do you listen to music? When I reach average 78 dB with 85 dB peaks, it's plenty loud for my ears and my wife wants to murder me, unless it's Kenny G, in which case other things happen.
  13. M

When a single vinyl album costs more than your DAC ...

Why would anyone buy LPs or even CDs in the age of Tidal and Qobuz?
  14. M

Anyone else binge-watching TV series during the coronavirus quarantines?

Chuck (Seasons 1-4) on Amazon Prime. Awesome.
  15. M

Dan D'Agostino interview on measurements

Magic. The head of the transistor department is Hermione.
  16. M

Need A Recomendation For 2.0 Speaker Amp

Yamaha R-N803. Plenty of power. Tested design. All in one box.
  17. M

Do Amplifiers Have a House Sound?

We've all heard it: Yamaha is spacious and likes its bass Marantz is warm and colored Onkyo is dark and shimmering (whatever...) Audiolab is neutral and cold Cambridge is midrange-centric Etc... Where do these ideas come from? Is there any psychoacoustic or another basis for them? Maybe in...
Top Bottom