Search results

1. Jaimo

Making my system family friendly

My setup is perfectly fine for my personal use but my family finds it very difficult to use when I am not home. I have considered writing up a mini manual on how to watch Amazon Prime, Netflix etc but figured I'd pose the question to the group first... What can I do to make it easy for a non...
  2. Jaimo

Amazon Music to Mac Mini will not play above 24/48kHz - any trouble shooting tips?

Hello Folks, I am considering cancelling my Tidal/Roon subscription and switching to Amazon Music UHD but can’t seem to get Amazon to play at bit rates higher than 24/48. I using an older Mac-Mini on MacOS Mojave feeding a Topping ES5 via USB. Roon has no issues with playing back at rates up...
  3. Jaimo

Shower speaker recommendations

Hello folks, any recommendations for a lo-fi shower speaker? I have Roon/Tidal & Spotify subscriptions and need something that can “rock” when needed and also work well for news reports/podcasts etc. Battery powered with Bluetooth will probably suffice.
  4. Jaimo

Dac Preamp search

I've given up on getting my Teac UD503 repaired and while I'm happy with my SMSL SU8 / Mac Mini / Roon / Tidal source into JBL LSR 708P's, my search for a good DAC / Preamp goes on. I've just come across this box - Project RS2 Digital - while it checks many of my boxes - Roon ready, USB, HDMI...
  5. Jaimo

Soffit Mounting Tutorial anyone?

I understand that soffit mounting main speakers is a studio best practice. Is there any benefit with doing this in a domestic stereo system? Is there a well documented scientific approach that helps with optimal setup.
  6. Jaimo

BBE Enhancer- worth the effort?

A friend dropped of a BBE 802 enhancer for me to try out in my system. Anyone have any experience with this? Is it worth the effort of connecting it into my rig?
  7. Jaimo

Has Dirac given up on PC and Mac

I searched up and down the Dirac website but can’t find where one can purchase a Stereo or HT license. I downloaded the Mac SW from their link but can’t get it to find any devices so I assume that i need to load a license before it works. In the FAQ they talk about releasing a v2 update but...
  8. Jaimo

DX7s has dropped

Massdrop currently have a drop open for the Topping DX7s - US$360. Quite a deal when compared to the original price
  9. Jaimo

DAC preamp with analog inputs

Hello folks! I am searching for a DAC/preamp that has one or more analog inputs in addition to a selection of digital inputs. I’ve come across the Teac UD503 and Benchmark unit’s thus far. Are there any others that meet this requirement?
Top Bottom