Search results for query: audio extractor

1. I

AVR: Replacement or DIY

...the Anthem MRX540 (4k version) is heavily discounted and I could get one for around $2000 AUD. Option 2: HDMI switch plus audio extractor MiniDSP Flex Amplifier This could become a high quality setup that should not be too hard for the rest of the family to deal with. The biggest issue...
  2. B

Will using an HDMI audio extractor/splitter reduce VIDEO quality?

...with adjustable volume. I'm a little disappointed by the sound quality I'm getting out of it. So I decided to try an HDMI switch/audio extractor with a DAC/headphone amp to try to improve sound quality. I bought this HDMI audio extractor to be precise...
  3. F

CM6206 with Hdmi audio extractor

Wondering if anyone is using one of those cheap CM6206 USB DACs with an HDMI audio extractor over the SPDIF input. I'm trying to extract the audio from my Gen 1 chromecast and then send it over Toslink to the CM6206 DAC. If anyone has something like this working I'd love to know what hdmi audio...
  4. Yorkshire Mouth

Fire TV Stck

I don’t do anything yet, I haven’t bought the extractor. No, it’ll be used as intended. HDMI out from the stick into the extractor. HDMI out from the extractor into the TV. Digital out from the extractor into the DAC. I’m not worried about the extractor side of things it clearly works well...
  5. B

how to get flac from blu-ray hdmi audio...

I'm in pursuit of a bit-perfect recording of the audio from the hdmi output from my blu-ray player... can anyone recommend a lossless path? i'm guessing something like blu-ray hdmi out->(some splitter/extractor)->usb input to audacity flac recording?
  6. R

Multichannel audio on a Pi will get a whole lot easier and cheaper!

Is the MCLK of the HDMI audio extractor source or sink? Is the HDMI audio extractor an I²S master or slave device?
  7. B

Oppo BDP-103 with oppomod i2s over HDMI card to Gustard x26pro

Any reason this extractor/adaptor wouldn’t work on an Oppo BD series to X26 (or my R26 pinout)? Appears to have some adjustment on pinout arrangement. https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/hdmi-extractors/audio-extractor-hdmi-mhl-to-i2s-coaxial-optical-4k-60hz-p-13419.html
  8. MaxwellsEq

Fire TV Stck

Do you plug the stick straight into the audio extractor, or go via a TV? If you are going via a TV, the sound is almost certainly very suboptimal.
  9. M

Noisy digital audio on LG TVs

He is way ahead of you! :) For example: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/amazon-basics-4k-hdmi-extractor-review.39467/ https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/orei-hda-939-hdmi-audio-extractor-review.42948/...
  10. Yorkshire Mouth

Fire TV Stck

...it arrives, but that’s more for 10-band PEQ, room correction, sub out, bass management. I’ll be getting new PC, new monitor, replacing those speakers. Fire TV Stick into the new monitor, having gone through the audio extractor - digital out from the extractor to the Ultra. Hope that makes...
  11. Yorkshire Mouth

Fire TV Stck

You don’t appear to have read my post fully, as I’ve already said it won’t be going through my TV. As for the standards of the extractor, I’m sorry I thought everyone was aware of this: https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/amazon-basics-4k-hdmi-extractor-review.39467/ The...
  12. Yorkshire Mouth

Fire TV Stck

If I have an Amazon Fire TV Stick, and use and Amazon Basics HDMI Audio Extractor, fed into a good DAC, is there any reason to believe the sound wouldn’t be as good as PC or WiiM Streamer into the same DAC? Cheers.
  13. F

...audio decco65 (stereo amp) I had audible dropouts every few seconds. In the end I fixed it (sort of) with a prozor PRR025 eARC HDMI audio extractor. From the prozor I have a toslink to the same optical input of the Peachtree. Somehow this thing shows up on the TV as a Panasonic soundbar, but...
  14. O

Those are not eARC compatible though. You have to put the signal through them and then to your TV and that will probably mess up a bunch of stuff such as Dolby Vision etc.
  15. Multicore

The 1 euro HDMI input solution for your next DIY DAC

Sorry to hijack the thread but what do y'all recommend to extract audio to TOSLINK optical? My experience with extractors has been bad and the only one I ever got that worked is getting old.
  16. M

I've been living with the HDMI to I2S extractor in my main Okto / CamillaDSP setup for a while and have been very pleased. I am using an Apple TV 4K in to a u9 HDMI splitter, with the TV portion of the splitter going to a Vizio M558-G1 TV and the audio portion going to the HDMI to I2S extractor...
  17. M

Unfortunately, after a month of using this setup I ran in to an issue. I was watching TV today and suddenly experienced a bunch of static, fortunately it seemed to be attenuated by the Okto volume control so it wasn't that loud. Don't really understand what triggered it, my internet was being...
  18. M

LDO vs Buck Converter for digital audio

Hello, I am in the process of reverse engineering a HDMI audio extractor to build a HDMI audio capture card. The extractor is USB powered and has two identical SOT 23-5 buck converters that provide 3.3 and 1.8V. I could not identify the parts but the pinout and circuit match, for instance...
  19. M

Yes, 5.1/7.1 audio from streaming services My hope would be to clock sync the UL Mk5 to HDMI extractor via the TOSLINK output of the HDMI extractor. This should allow me to avoid resampling in CamillaDSP. In synchronous systems I've been able to successfully use a chunk size of 256 and 48 kHz...
  20. AudioSceptic

Amazon Basics 4K HDMI Extractor Review

Nor me. I wonder if there's anything active in there, or it just acts as a high impedance terminator?
Top Bottom