Search results for query: linearity

1. Matias

RME DPS-2 Linear Power Supply

From their Facebook below. Link for the manual with measurements here: https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/dps2_e.pdf #RMEAudio launches DPS-2: Super Low Noise Linear Audio Power Supply with Unique µFilter and Sensor Technology: https://rme-audio.de/de_dps-2.html The new DPS-2 is an...
  2. T

Anything wrong with linear phase through the bass roll off?

I saw this post: https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/new-ex-machina-arcturus-3-way-active-studio-monitors.47186/post-1688924 The speaker has a symmetrical step response. I hear people call it pre-ringing, but it's what has to happen if there's a low frequency cut off and the...
  3. V

Rephase, phase corrected put can't hear a difference

Hello, I had already corrected my bumps and minor dips with REW and APO i have a set of genelec 8030 on a table and a svs 1000 pro. the crossover is digital at 65hz done by the sound card. I learned of rephase recently. I only did the mid and highs as i read this was best. and unwarping the...
  4. P

Phase linear reconnect procedure

I have a phase linear 2000 pre amp and a 200 amp. With Bose 901’s. My ? I’ve had them put away for a while meaning to have them freshened up and decided to clean them myself with Deoxit. My issue is I have forgotten how to reconnect them. I appreciate your help!!!!
  5. 617

'Resocore' Linear Voice Coil speakers

No doubt driven by the market demand for soundbars, this outfit is producing skinny rectangular 'racetrack' woofers with an unusual linear voice coil: https://www.resonado.com/technology If you look, the voice coil is actually wound in the vertical axis, so it looks like a line if you're...
  6. Y

Technics Linear Phase SB-R3 (1979) rebuild

Refurbishment over the last 5 years. Woofers refoamed. Midrange drivers refoamed. Ferrofluid replaced in HF tweeters. File Image Crossover capacitors replaced like for like, bipolar electrolytics from HifiCollective, back in 2018. Mundorfs and some others which are a nice green colour. Speaker...
  7. 5

Phase linear model 700B

I am looking for a faceplate for my 700B that will match my carver c-4000 preamp and tuner and my CD player nobs also black would Also
  8. A

non-linear Class-A amp with fun sound

...amps, but I heard they are very powerful and linear from reviewers. From this, what I am looking for is a fun, warm sound with not much linearity and a huge sound stage with depth and width while keeping the detail, imaging, and technicalities intact. In these sound profiles, I found these...
  9. Norville

Weiliang/BRZHiFi Linear USB power supply questions

I just ordered a cheap linear PSU from Aliexpress...
  10. D

DRC Linear Phase

Hi all, I've been using DRC Designer to simplify the creation of room correction FIR filters using Denis Sbragion's DRC utility. I generally pick the BK3 curve and the 'normal' preset at 48kHz which loads the config from the normal48000.drc file. I understand that this is a minimum phase filter...
  11. DonH56

Power Supply 101 (Linear Supply)

This post (originally from ~2014) introduces the basic operation of a linear power supply, showing voltage and currents at the input and output. There has been a lot of debate about power cords and their impact on the system. Aside from a defective or severely undersized cord I am a skeptic...
  12. PaperBoat

Fabfilter Pro MB as DSP?

Anyone here using this professional tool as a DSP in consumer environment?
  13. M

Need help and advice: linear speakers sound very harsh

Hello, I'm new at this forum, but I'm a proponent of the scientific approach in audio, and I hope some of you can help me with my issue. I'm in the process of building my DIY loudspeakers. That is a 3-way (10-inch woofer, 5-inch midrange, and 1-inch dome tweeter) with cut-off frequencies around...
  14. Hasan Aydin

Linear Phase EQ or Minimum Phase EQ single driver speaker

When I want to equalize a Single Driver Speaker at the listening position (The Room is not treated perfectly but its symmetrical and very large). Should I use a Linear Phase EQ or Minimum Phase EQ? Especially when the speaker itself has some resonances (peaks and dips) at higher frequencies.
  15. IPunchCholla

Linear Voltage Regulator Question

I am simulating a PSU. It is a +-12 and +54.5 volt supply. All regulated. Right now, I am simulating (via iCircuit since I can’t seem to get a spice simulator up and running locally on my Mac and Multisim live is killing my system), the 54.5V using an LM317 (not what I would use but the only...
  16. D

The meaning of "linear"

Hi! I'm new to ASR, but thought the folks here might be able to help me understand what various groups mean when they say an amp or speaker is "linear." I'm a (biomedical) engineer, and so when I hear the term, I understand it to mean that a system's output is *linearly* proportional to the...
  17. MDNSC

Interesting aspect of phase

Today I saw a video talking about a phase shifted square wave. In that video, he show cased how a square wave and a 90 degree phase rotated square wave sounds like, which sounds the same in frequency perspective of course. But interestingly, the phase shifted square needs more dynamic range to...
  18. H

Phase linearity - Genelec vs PSI

...(Compensated Phase Response system) and I was looking at Genelec's specs sheets to find out about their own way to deal with acoustic phase linearity. The point is I can't seem to find measurments to compare both brands: Here is PSI about acoustic phase: But Genelec doesn't seem to...
  19. EchoChamber

SOLD: Allo Shanti dual linear power supply 2x 5V (US only)

SOLD Hello everyone! Selling my Allo Shanti linear PS. It saw light use powering a USB DAC and Pi. It provides two 5V lines, at 3A and 1A. Small paint scratches on one side, please see photos. Bought new directly from Allo in April 2021 for $159. Includes all accessories. Asking $120 plus...
  20. XMechanik

Small 2-way speakers with linear on-axis and power response characteristics (Scan Speak and SB Acoustics drivers). H&V off-axis measurements included

I've been trying to make design of a small, simple-to-build and inexpensive speaker that would not need a sub at least for music listening at moderate spl levels. No need for high power. This is third approach, code name "Mechano23". I'm sharing the results and VituixCad project file (LINK) with...
Top Bottom