Search results for query: zishan

1. C

Review and Measurements of E1DA 9038S BAL Portable DAC & Amp

I have read about these “out of phase” issues with the CS43131/CS43198. I think Wolf measured a Zishan device showing that very issue. I have also read that the fix is fairly simple (some registers?). It’s obviously a problem when it affects L & R channels being out of phase, though it may be...
  2. Robius

Which DAC measurements do you like to see next?

Zishan U1 with ES9038Q2M https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001112323880.html?mp=1
  3. Z

Which DAC measurements do you like to see next?

Zishan, one of the earlier hyped cheap DAP/amp with their Zishan Z1 made a USB-DAC, the U1: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001111401655.html I know a lot of stuff has come out and performed much better than the Z1, but I'm still intrigued by this since they still retain their amateur DIY...
  4. Z

HIDIZS S8 USB-C Headphone Adapter Review

Agreed, such a waste of a good product to be limited by such feature. I loved mine but ultimately changed to the Zishan U1 because I needed a bit more juice to run a Sundara and its supposedly the same chip series but only a DAC portion (CS43198). There's also no standby feature on the U1 so I...
  5. B

Has the Topping A50 headphone amp appeared yet?

Is it safe to assume that, does it depend on the inner circuitry of the amp? Because with the Zishan DSD the SE have a very high output impedance due to the buffer stage (not sure about that since I'm not very familiar with the electronic of an Amp just read that up in the Headfi forum a while...
  6. watchnerd

The Walnut DAP EQ response measured - AKA "Jazz is Flat"

Why would you buy again from folks who can't make a flat EQ curve flat?
  7. JohnYang1997

Has the Topping A50 headphone amp appeared yet?

The 4.7 ohm was added resistor for current limiting. It's added on both branches. Wait for the new coming A50s, lower than 0.1Ohm output impedance. Also the L30 if you don't need balanced out.
  8. F

The Walnut DAP EQ response measured - AKA "Jazz is Flat"

...to recognizable beginnings. The volume pot is handy if there's somehing which happens to be much louder than a previous file. There's a Zishan Z1 for those who don't like all that complexity (but assume cannot be operated blind as easily as one needs to rely upon an LED to show some...
  9. Nango

Review and Measurements of WesionTEK Khadas Tone Board DAC

In light of offerings like this from our chinese friends, the KTB seems to me now highly overvalued at US-$99, it is amaizing how fast things develope in the audio world ....... https://www.ebay.com/itm/Zishan-DSD-HIFI-fever-portable-lossless-music-player-AK4497-2-5-balance-with-amp-/273192212380
  10. Veri

Review and Measurements of WesionTEK Khadas Tone Board DAC

You think an AK4497 build that does not even come close to the reference AKM power/output design for $130+ is a deal? Amir already did several reviews on badly designed AK4997 devices... like this...
  11. K

Review and Measurements of New JDS Labs Atom Headphone Amp

...DarkVoice at least for headphones. It is mainly rock and jazz I listen to, and I have a set of AKG K550s which I run from a Chinese DAP ZiShan DSD which I have been listening to more and more but want to get my vinyl collection into the game once more. Its a steep learning curve trying...
  12. L5730

Review and Measurements of New JDS Labs Atom Headphone Amp

The Phono Pre-amp will apply the RIAA Equalisation curve and amplification to bring the stylus signal up to line level. Plugging the outputs of the pre-amp into the Atom should work fine. However, I think someone more knowledgeable should chime in here as (1) there might need a ground...
Top Bottom