• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What gear you wouldn't buy because of its name or cult status.

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
as far as names go I thought Levinson used "Daniel Hertz" as the moniker given he must be the guy who came with up 'hertz'... actually no

the guys name was Henrich Hertz and you can guess why he didnt use that

this is the same as Daniel Wellington, Maurice Lacroix... and almost Chris Ward Watches... except that guy exists and the 1st two are made up names.

is the name important? kind of i guess?

krabapple

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I do not like speakers that are more Neutral sounding. I am a movie person, needing dynamic sounding speakers with clarity. Yet, the speakers are presentable for internet MP3.

'neutral' is not the opposite of 'dynamic'. I'm not even sure what your post means, and I wonder if you are.

krabapple

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
COBY

Though I always smiled at how they even copied the SONY font.

krabapple

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Movie sound tracks sound just fine to my 80 year old ears. Center channel has to have more Treble. More horn speakers are my preference, my friend. Classical music is not for me. Give me the live feeling!

Your issue is with recordings, not speakers.

Last edited:
Top Bottom