Recent content by XaVierDK

1. X

Aiyima A07 Max Amplifier Review

Worth noting, the popping is only there for AC on/off. In daily use the power switch is only a standby-switch, which retains power to an anti-pop circuit. So in normal use you'd have no popping, basically ever.
  2. X

NAD M23 Stereo Amplifier Review

You would never in a million years hear the difference and this design has substantially more power and much higher level construction
  3. X

How and why: Installing a 12V trigger in a cheap TPA3251 based amplifier from Audiophonics

I mean... They're just laptop power supplies. They shouldn't really be dying just from being turned off at the socket, that's how you'd usually turn them off I guess? Anyway, I don't think the amp would be damaged by this, but maybe on a long enough time line, who knows
  4. X

How and why: Installing a 12V trigger in a cheap TPA3251 based amplifier from Audiophonics

So what I think you'd end up doing is similar to having a USB-controlled extension-cord, that would switch off all but the main outlet (here that would be your AVR) when the AVR powers off/USB power is removed. So the amp would power off completely, meaning the anti-pop circuitry would not work...
  5. X

Using a Crown CT8150 for powering home theater?

I have been lucky to find a Crown CT8150 used for a pittance. Would it make sense to use it for powering our multi-channel setup, using the pre-outs from my NAD T758 v3? The v3 pre-outs have rather poor distortion and noise specs as seen in the review here on ASR, but if I don't turn it up past...
  6. X

Topping DM7 8-Channel DAC Review

Two of these running a 16-channel Atmos-system out of a PC would be a sight to see.
  7. X

Having bought the Audiophonics-branded TPA3251 amplifier for outboard amplification of additional channels, I was a bit disappointed that my usual scheme of using a power-saving extension-cord would result in very audible and worrying "pop" from the connected speakers on power-off. Turns out...
  8. X

Earthquake XJ-300ST Stereo Amplifier Review

I almost want to see a review of their $1000 DSP-controlled 700W amp now. But I'm not sure anyone should waste their money for our entertainment. https://www.earthquakesound.com/index.php/en/home-audio-division/home-products/home-amplifiers/item/xj-700dsp
  9. X

GR Research LGK 2.0 Speaker Review (A Joke)

The same guy who claims distortion doesn't matter thinks you can hear whether your wire goes straight into the speaker. There's a point here somewhere.
  10. X

Earthquake XJ-300ST Stereo Amplifier Review

Well with this and my experience with Earthquake's FF-12 subwoofer, which they incidentally claim is a 400W sub with frequency response down to 25 Hz, which turned out to be categorically wrong, I think I'll just write off the manufacturer in general going forwards.
  11. X

Nordost Tyr 2 USB Cable Review (Video)

I can never actually decipher if these people are serious or not. It's a fascinating non-argument to point to obviously flawed reviewing practices as criticism of Amir's way of doing things, yet it's done with absolute conviction.
  12. X

Rockville RPA16 Review (Pro Amplifier)

But only into one channel. The peak power is still tested with both channels running here, I think.
  13. X

Pascal S-Pro2 modules

I know this is an older thread, but there's a review with measurements in German here: https://www.tools4music.de/index.php?eID=dumpFile&t=f&f=4124&token=88ed6ee4e8f77ea00c3c62c5ba4422b0734429a5
Top Bottom