Recent content by WickedInsignia

1. WickedInsignia

Focal Clear Review (headphone)

Regardless, you are not above the research. You are subject to it, like everyone else here regardless of background. Unless you can back up your claims with something objective that’s as rigorously studied as the target you take so much issue with, you’re simply expending hot air in favour of an...
  2. WickedInsignia

Focal Clear Review (headphone)

That’s not how the Harman Target was derived. It corresponds strongly with what we hear from targets that aim to reproduce flat-measuring speakers in a semi-reflective room, targets which were derived from a procedure no less rigorous than what was used to determine the DF target, and then...
  3. WickedInsignia

Truthear x Crinacle Zero:RED IEM Review

What makes you say that? Have you had some past experiences? Just gauging what I need to be careful of on my own unit to prevent an early scrapping.
  4. WickedInsignia

Sennheiser IE200

Competition’s good for sure. It shouldn’t be underrated how predatory the consumer/manufacturer relationship becomes when megabrands dominate the landscape and can sell minimal refreshes for years on name alone. I like Senny as much as anyone but their IEM offerings have been markedly poor...
  5. WickedInsignia

Sennheiser IE200

Been looking at these, but some reviews have turned me away from them a bit. Apparently the cable is extra microphonic, kinda garbage and uses a proprietary connection so your only other "supported" option is $99. There's been reports of channel imbalance due to the bassport not being closed...
  6. WickedInsignia

It was necessary for the tuning with this driver configuration. Crinacle was very keen on dual dynamic drivers (one dedicated to bass/subbass, the other for everything else and with a seamless crossover between the two). The wider nozzle size was required to accommodate, otherwise a balanced...
  7. WickedInsignia

Since this is ASR, it's worth giving you the rundown on the objective differences. Feel free to ignore if you were looking for the short answer: The original Zero is tuned to the Harman IEM target, so technically it's the most scientifically-supported to sound the best to the most people...
  8. WickedInsignia

Ah okay. I meant lack of user-to-user FR consistency, not unit-to-unit. The K371 has drastic changes to the sound depending on seating, and the earpads have sealing issues for a concerning proportion of users. Rtings tests of this are available HERE. Oh this is interesting! Exactly what I was...
  9. WickedInsignia

Some people were accusing me of generalizing so I supported my case with examples of headphones with great FR and dodgy ergonomics. I wasn't "dwelling on bad past experiences." This is fair, since he even mentioned that the 7.8mm driver necessitated the size and from his previous vids he was...
  10. WickedInsignia

Friend. Brother. Homie. I said the Zeros were uncomfortable and asked about other options with similar FR. It's not that deep.
  11. WickedInsignia

The AKG K371 has serious user consistency issues as tested by Rtings. You can disagree with Rtings, but their testing criteria for fit/user consistency/stability is extremely robust. It's also a widespread complaint about the K371. Dan Clark headphones have that "twisting pads" problem that...
  12. WickedInsignia

I have the original Zero but since the ergonomics are identical: The wide bores on these pose a fit/comfort issue. I myself can't wear them for more than 30 mins due to the wide bore making my ears sore. It seems to be a pretty standard complaint. The AKG K371 has widespread fit issues as well...
  13. WickedInsignia

I think you might need to take a cool-off break there fella. Crin's left very little mystery as to how he reached his conclusions. I don't entirely agree with this. The rigorousness of one study doesn't invalidate the results of another when they concern different variables. The IE target may...
  14. WickedInsignia

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

Yeah makes sense considering the NADs are tuned to the same methodology as the PSBs...they even have the "Room Feel" moniker used across both brands. I think I feel a little of that same tactility in the HD600, but I wouldn't say the overall sensation is limited to bass. Maybe just the deft...
  15. WickedInsignia

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

Arrived yesterday and hoooo boy, these are sweet. Great tonality, everything is where it should be. Deviations from "perfect to my ears" are extremely minor, mostly explained by personal preference and not really worth mentioning IMO. Didn't get the Red due to postage time and they're so...
Top Bottom