Recent content by Vnowinski

1. V

GR Research LGK 2.0 Speaker Review (A Joke)

I'd be more inclined to look Dennis' Murphy's way for upgrades of existing designs (e.g., the modded Pioneers tested here, a few others). Somehow his designs manage to sound good without paper-in-oil-cryogenically-treated bypass capacitors?
  2. V

Meier Corda Aria Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

I started on HeadWize and built lots of those original DIY amps-- always thought of Head-fi as the commercial cash-in on the Headwize products :). Cool to see the Meier perform well! Have any of the Gilmore designs been tested?
  3. V

ROLLS VP29 Review (phono stage)

I've got an original Hagerman Bugle somewhere, perhaps I should send it in based on that old article! Though it has gone through several iterations since, I think it is primarily to allow users to tweak the loading...
  4. V

Review and Measurements of Paradigm PW-Link Streamer/DAC

When I inquired about supported bit depth and rate for the Link, I was told the following about the toslink output: The physical optical output supports 24/192 Curious to know how others came to confirm the reported limits of 44.1 or 48 khz. Anyone experiment with bit depth?
  5. V

Review and Measurements of Paradigm PW Amp

Very much looking forward to these measurements. I have a PW Link, using it (via its optical in and optical out, with a couple of SPDIF/toslink converters) as an ARC processor, in combination with a networked streamer (Pi + Allo digione) and the Khadas tone board. Would love to see its...
  6. V

DAC with Equaliser and/or Room Correction.

Here is the timely reply from Paradigm: ARC will be applied to the physical outputs, whether it is analog, or optical output. ARC will be applied regardless of the input source, Play-Fi, optical, or analog but only from the optical / analog outputs. ARC will not be applied if you are using...
  7. V

I had corresponded a bit with Paradigm prior to making my recent purchase. They indicated that ARC was applied to "all inputs," but then called out streaming and analog specifically. I have written back to ask about the Toslink input specifically. Analog is digitally sampled at 48 kHz for...
  8. V

I've ordered the PW Link. At its price, it makes an interesting low cost option for room correction with digital output to an existing system. Since Amir is a fan of room correction, maybe we can get it in the queue for testing?
  9. V

Optical to Coaxial converters introduce jitter?

Thanks Archmage! I followed your link and am considering a similar chain (toslink to SPDIF converter connected to Tone Board). In the JDS Atom thread linked from your post there, I see Amir's comments on the converter: "No. I have one of those to test just to be sure they don't screw it up! "...
  10. V

Optical to Coaxial converters introduce jitter?

Sorry to resurrect a zombie thread but wondering if any of these converters have ever been tested here (spdif > toslink and vice versa)?
  11. V

Designing a 3D Printable Case for the Khadas Tone Board

Very nice. I have both the digione and the khadas, let me know where to sign up :).
  12. V

You are getting the Khadas case from this thread laser cut instead of printed? Any differences from the PL printed case to note?
  13. V

Is there any temp issue with the tone board? I had read that the Khadas VIM2 runs pretty hot...? If so, some ventilation in the case might be warranted?
  14. V

More design details about Khadas Tone Board

Given the effort involved in DIY solutions, this is more than worth it. How about just bezel/front panel to mate with the board? Though I suppose in most cases this would be the rear panel...!
Top Bottom