• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Designing a 3D Printable Case for the Khadas Tone Board

Vnowinski

Case made by my friend and he is able to produce more. He made cases also for our Allo Piano, Allo Digione and Allo Boss.
On picture with Khadas is RPI3 with Allo Digione.

Very nice. I have both the digione and the khadas, let me know where to sign up :).

jbajci

Hi,
it's just a hobby not a trade, there are no cases in stock, but a friend is able to do another case. It may take a longer time about 1 month. He primarily produces aircraft models. If you want a case send me PM and I will ask him. Note: case can be in silver color as Allo Boss on picture. Labels as desired.

Allo Boss.jpgDigiOne03.JPG

caguilar91

drewfIr

Also, interested if the Khadas case is offered for sale at
a reasonable price.

Krusty09

Forum Donor
I'd like for m I'll mine. I was waiting o. I think Pillard to get his going but we never heard back from him. Oh well let me know.
Thanks

tlr

Has anyone successfully had one of these printed via a 3rd-party 3D printing service?

bequietjk

Or you better wait until Khadas brings out new version including the TB-Dac + USB-SPDIF Converter all-in-one ....... seems to me they are capable of doing superb hi-fi stuff at modest prices .........

BTW: I found out the Khadas TB fits perfect inside the plate of such an official RPI Case, but it is not stable because of the cables:

View attachment 17330

Is Khadas working on a TB with USB to SPDIF conversion built in?

Leit

Printed a case for my Tone Board according to plans by @Frost :) Had to take a sanding paper out and give a slight finishing touch for the corners of the backplate but otherwise excellent results. I'm not even using any screws since the fit is rather tight with the backplate and should hold the board in place.

I was just wondering about temperatures. Left my setup running overnight to see how high the outer temps rise measured with an IR gun. I assume everything under 45C is fine in the long run? Or should I consider drilling some vent holes?

fljoe

While waiting for my Frost 3-D printed case to arrive, I temporarily enclosed it in the VIM case that was delivered with my KTB .. fits okay after taking off the back plate.

pic1.jpg
pic2.jpg
pic3.jpg

milw50717

My Frost 3D printed case is here ... so pleased with this case ... perfect design and everything fits nicely. Total cost including shipping was $14.26

That looks to be very nicely printed at a very fair price. Could I ask which printing service and materials you used ?

fljoe

I used PLA and it was printed at Walter's World in Jacksonville, FL

aaa.JPG
aaa.JPG

D

Deleted member 65

Been on the chase for a Pioneer A-A6-J Integrated amplifier for my summerhouse setup. Had one long time ago and really liked it but gave it away to my son when he moved out into the world (double sad story ...).

Up until now I've had an Onkyo A5-VL Class D integrated amp in this setup and it wasn't bad. However remembering the quality of the Pioneer lingered on.

Finally found one, however I had the buy a full stack consisting of Integrated amp, SACD player and FM tuner for a staggering 300€!

What to do with the SACD & FM Tuner? Since I had a Khadas Tone Board I've bought just lying around I decided to install it into the SACD player, first attempt was to install it in the amp but no room.

Anyway, new second hand Pioneer integrated amp (Air Studios verified!) with a integrated SACD/Khadas Tone Board player in place.

1553897221692.png

Khadas Tone Board installed in Pioneer SACD player

1553897303281.png

H

Hifihedgehog

This is my homemade case for Khadas Tone board- costs about 25 $

View attachment 20107https://jbajci.rajce.idnes.cz/Khadas/

Hi,
it's just a hobby not a trade, there are no cases in stock, but a friend is able to do another case. It may take a longer time about 1 month. He primarily produces aircraft models. If you want a case send me PM and I will ask him. Note: case can be in silver color as Allo Boss on picture. Labels as desired.

View attachment 20167View attachment 20168
I am a newbie here (hey there, folks!) though I have been a silent lurker for several years now and really dig this place. I would also like to tack myself onto the list of people wanting to purchase this case. To make it worth his while for your friend, I'd gladly pay a bit extra even for a metal case of this quality.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom