Recent content by vicenzo_del_paris

1. vicenzo_del_paris

MiniDSP Flex HTx

In the past did encountered similar issues as @adLuke. These issues were always related to 5m cables and never with shorter ones. With some 5m cables, it was fine and with other not. Thus, the length was an issue for some UBS cables. I ended up by getting 5m active ones (for mic and minidsp...
  2. vicenzo_del_paris

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

Don't worry about it. Amir seems to be an extremely experienced and wise man. I am impressed about how Amir handled this situation in such professional and clever way. Blameless and faultless :)
  3. vicenzo_del_paris

Are you satisfied with your home Audio System?

Voted "Yes, but" regarding current room acoustic. From a device and speaker perspective, it is a big Yes ! Unless something breaks at some point. My listening room happens to also be our living room and treatment options are limited by room configuration and also by my wife :)
  4. vicenzo_del_paris

Buckeye 3 Channel Purifi Amplifier Review (2nd)

Yep! While speakon are better, my point was that for most of people, it is not common to be a mandatory criteria for choosing an amp in non pro/pa world.
  5. vicenzo_del_paris

Buckeye 3 Channel Purifi Amplifier Review (2nd)

Plenty: Boxem, Nord, Apollon,.... But do you really need it??
  6. vicenzo_del_paris

What is the point of CD rips?

In case of entire internet shutdown, when thinking about potential causes, I think personal CD collections would be the least of our worries ;)
  7. vicenzo_del_paris

[FS] [EU] [France] [PAUSED] Boxem Arthur 3409/N2 (Hypex NC252MP)

Hi, sorry for late response. I had to pause selling my Arthur 3409/N2 for few weeks as I finally went for a 3 channels Boxem A 5519/N3 that I shall receive by mid April. I will reactivate this thread once new power amp received.
  8. vicenzo_del_paris

Buckeye Amps: Hypex NCx500 Official Thread

For me, (located in France) it is 25 cents/kWh (generation, distribution and all taxes included).
  9. vicenzo_del_paris

Can you hear a difference between audio cables? ABX test

Thus, I think I will be nice to rename the thread to have single ended / balanced information within it. It will attract different people and less trolls.
  10. vicenzo_del_paris

Yep, so even more less related to the cable wires themselves. With current title, I am afraid that this thread will turn into, like some other ones, a chaotic endless sterile fight with cable believers.
  11. vicenzo_del_paris

So, from my understanding, the thread title can be misleading, as despite being 2 different cables, measured differences are rather related to balanced / unbalanced topologies. Am I correct ?
  12. vicenzo_del_paris

Minidsp Flex Review (Audio DSP)

I confirm it does. And as I didn't want that, I had to configure my other CEC enabled devices to not power on/off my Flex HT.
  13. vicenzo_del_paris

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

The only reasonable, proven and tangible fact from his statement is: Sorry, I couldn't resist doing it ;)
  14. vicenzo_del_paris

[FS] [EU] [France] [PAUSED] Boxem Arthur 3409/N2 (Hypex NC252MP)

Boxem Arthur 3409/N2 for sale : 450€. Excellent condition and functioning as day 1. Bought in October 2021 from Boxem for 860€. Based on hypex NC252MP module and XLR inputs. While cheaper hypex based amp are available new, Boxem amplifiers are indeed a bit more expensive. But: - better...
  15. vicenzo_del_paris

boXem A series

A Boxem "A" 5517/N2 (ncx500) just replaced an Boxem Arthur 3409/N2 (nc252mp) ! Kept sourcing with Fred as I value the care he puts in his designs (thermal management, electric safety) and his value proposition (casing, auto sense) DHL was very fast. Fred sent yesterday afternoon and I received...
Top Bottom