Recent content by Verausci

1. V

USB Audio Issues with DAC8 Pro

Does it handle WDM and WASAPI? I'm not too familiar with ASIO (other than you use it on DAWs because of the low latency), but I think it wouldn't be suitable anyway because it can only have one source at a time? Yeah I need the EQ provided by EqAPO so it's not something I'm willing to go without
  2. V

I have the DAC8PRO output device in the sound settings, but it won't let me change the output format. Oddly I do have an input device as the DAC8 too which does let me change the format, still get no sound on games though. I don't have any ASIO that I know about blocking output. Windows audio...
  3. V

I'm using the USB input to the DAC8 Pro with the normal windows drivers (not ASIO). I can get sound on windows applications but in REW I can't get sound - it says: No input mixers available supporting PCM_SIGNED 48000.0 Hz, 16 bit, stereo, 4 bytes/frame, little-endian I'm also not getting any...
  4. V

Studio/Monitor Sub vs HT Sub?

Group delay/transient response too? (though from simulations I've looked at sealed subs tend to have very low group delay) I do like my bass, so it'd be important at high SPLs for low distortion. I'm wondering whether in such a case a HT centric sub would be more appropriate than a studio sub...
  5. V

Studio/Monitor Sub vs HT Sub?

Oh I see, am I right in thinking that a good way of telling whether a sub can truly handle the lower frequencies is to look at the distortion?
  6. V

RPi4 + CamillaDSP Tutorial

I currently use Equaliser APO to configure DSP, but that doesn't work when using ASIO. Unless theres a Pi connector which allows USB audio in from a PC?
  7. V

Okto DAC8 Pro - open to new orders

Ha I'm just fussy and stubborn; for me the black one just looks so much better! That would be a solid offering if you could pick the front colour
  8. V

My intention is to be driver-agnostic -retaining DSP capability when using ASIO, WDM or when connecting a different device.
  9. V

Review and Measurements of Okto DAC8 8Ch DAC & Amp

Oh do you mean in terms of actually sending a pre-crossed-over signal directly to the individual drivers instead of the crossover being done on signal arrival to the speaker unit as a whole?
  10. V

Does there exist a Pi connector to enable multi-channel digital input? I'm interested in this setup but am looking for a direct digital connection from my computer to the Pi. I had a look at the HiFi Berry digital hats but it seems they're only one or two channels (lossless); I'd be looking for...
  11. V

I mean one thing is that I don't think I'd like to spend that much on something for it to have faults Interesting about the DDRC-88D though as I was considering that for a DSP multi-channel setup from my PC. What makes you say Dirac is not helpful for DIY active speakers? (My speakers aren't...
  12. V

Oh that looks really concerning Does anyone know whether it's been fixed?
  13. V

Okto DAC8 Pro - open to new orders

Does anyone know whether they'll be available in Black? Silver only appears available atm but I only want one in black
  14. V

Are those measurements the same across all channels?
  15. V

Are speaker demos really necessary?

If I find a speaker that I like, I'll typically: Look at pictures of it Search for measurements of it Search for a general consensus of it Consider demoing it. But what benefit would demoing actually provide? If I'm looking to assess the quality through hearing then I'd have to know what to...
Top Bottom