• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

USB Audio Issues with DAC8 Pro

Verausci

I'm using the USB input to the DAC8 Pro with the normal windows drivers (not ASIO). I can get sound on windows applications but in REW I can't get sound - it says:
Code:
No input mixers available supporting PCM_SIGNED 48000.0 Hz, 16 bit, stereo, 4 bytes/frame, little-endian

I'm also not getting any sound from games and some games even crash when attempting to change the audio settings. I'm guessing Windows normally resamples the audio but in this case it's not which is causing errors?

ASIO won't do for me at the moment since I use EqAPO for equalisation.

How would I be able to sort this?

Thanks

AnalogSteph

Major Contributor
What do you get in terms of output devices, with what choice of formats? (The quickest way way to get to these things generally is via the system sound settings.) Make sure that there is no active ASIO playback that might be blocking the device, and that the Windows sound service isn't screwed up or something (test function of onboard audio or whatnot).

REW complaining about "no input mixers" may only be semi-related, as I would expect that message to be pointing towards the recording side.

If you can't figure it out no matter what, that may be the time to get customer support involved. Any indication what the audio driver is based on? Thesycon would be a common choice.

OP
V

Verausci

I have the DAC8PRO output device in the sound settings, but it won't let me change the output format. Oddly I do have an input device as the DAC8 too which does let me change the format, still get no sound on games though. I don't have any ASIO that I know about blocking output. Windows audio using a soundcard was fine (soundcard taken out now because using the DAC8).

dartinbout

If you got this from Pavel, get the drivers. They don't just do ASIO, they are windows specific for the chipset. If you didn't get this from Okto, search the thread and spend the $10 and install the driver. Windows 10 does not natively support the chipset. I played with the DAC8 Pro for a year and it wouldn't work with any audio software correctly without the driver.

Sokel

Master Contributor
If you got this from Pavel, get the drivers. They don't just do ASIO, they are windows specific for the chipset. If you didn't get this from Okto, search the thread and spend the $10 and install the driver. Windows 10 does not natively support the chipset. I played with the DAC8 Pro for a year and it wouldn't work with any audio software correctly without the driver.
He's using EAPO,he can't do ASIO.
That,amongst others,is the reason I scraped EAPO even though was handy in some occasions.

dartinbout

OP
V

Verausci

Does it handle WDM and WASAPI? I'm not too familiar with ASIO (other than you use it on DAWs because of the low latency), but I think it wouldn't be suitable anyway because it can only have one source at a time?

He's using EAPO,he can't do ASIO.
That,amongst others,is the reason I scraped EAPO even though was handy in some occasions.
Yeah I need the EQ provided by EqAPO so it's not something I'm willing to go without

dartinbout

Does it handle WDM and WASAPI? I'm not too familiar with ASIO (other than you use it on DAWs because of the low latency), but I think it wouldn't be suitable anyway because it can only have one source at a time?

Yeah I need the EQ provided by EqAPO so it's not something I'm willing to go without
The driver does WASAPI, I didn't use it as have too many 5.1, 67.1 DSD files but I did try it. The chipset really require it.

Top Bottom