Recent content by Unground

1. U

Denon AVR-X6800H now released.

Hi, if you have time it will be great to hear your views when you have had some time with the 6800. I'm planning to buy soon.
  2. U

Could be totally unrelated but I just had an issue with my LG G3 not playing centre channel on built-in streaming apps. It was not a dropout - if the centre started playing then it would continue - but still something to do with the audio stream. The LG website had a xx.xx.x1 firmware version...
  3. U

I need the extra channels of amplification, otherwise I'd definitely just be going for 6800. As you say the cost with a decent external amp is going to be similar given the current A1H discount. External class D for LCR might run a bit cooler maybe.
  4. U

Really interested to hear how this plays out. I will be getting either a 6800 and 2 channel amp or an AV1H hooked up to an LG G3 through Earc and dropouts would drive me (and family!) nuts. Also keen on anyone's experience of 6800 vs AV1H. I can't see there will be any real-world performance...
  5. U

Yes, especially since the A1H was discounted by 1k recently. Although Cinema 30 will get discounted soon enough I'm sure. I'm AVR shopping right now and need the channels so this is highly relevant to me. If I didn't need the channels I'd be all over the Denon 4800. Edit: I want the extra...
  6. U

Also listed on retailers now. Showing available February on some. Meanwhile Marantz announced the Cinema 30, which I guess is the equivalent, but more expensive.
  7. U

Marantz AV10 AV Processor Review

A point of difference and a point of similarity. Difference: The appallingly treated sub-postmasters had evidence that was ignored. They did not proceed on the basis of a belief. Similarity: A belief in the infallibility of an institution, the desire to believe something to be true (that...
  8. U

AVForums podcast: objective vs subjective debate

Very glad to hear that. I'm all for honesty in these things. I'm a long-time user on the site and it seems run by decent people trying to do a good job. I mainly visit AVF for the TV, film and 4K content. It's been clear for some time that there is quite a contrast between the way AV and audio...
  9. U

Star Wars: Andor (TV)

Oh god, hope not!
  10. U

Exactly. Character and plot are important and sometimes they take time to build. OK, it could be a bit pacier but I'm happy with it. And the world-building is great. Someone commented that there aren't any aliens. Good. They don't add anything. To me Andor is a human story in a well-realised...
  11. U

I thought it was the best Star Wars themed thing I've seen actually, perhaps tied with Mandalorian Season 1. For anyone interested in the visual design (and why it works so well IMO), this is worth a look
  12. U

Trinnov Altitude 16 Review (AV Processor)

Thanks, this is helpful again. I don't need analogue inputs so no problem there. I will certainly try room treatments but I'm not yet clear on what will be possible or acceptable in what is the main living room. I believe Logitech stopped making Harmony by the way. Tried it once, bought the top...
  13. U

Now THIS is a useful post to me as a potential buyer. Thanks @Mr. Widget for actual experience. My income is far from $#!+ , I don't have a dedicated room and my lounge is a non-ideal shape and not large. So hearing a practitioner's experience of the relative difference (or otherwise) of...
  14. U

That's less than $2.5k from list price isn't it? I was making the point that anyone can sit their armchair making arbitrary judgements about price and value. Clearly I didn't make the point well enough :). Ignore it.
  15. U

No no, quite the contrary. That's the point isn't it? Raw materials or parts cost could be a small part of an item's value.
Top Bottom