Recent content by TheBatman_Yo

1. TheBatman_Yo

High Resolution Audio Controversy on Wikipedia

You are right, I should not have used the word 'reliably'. I should have said that among tested listeners there is a small but still statistically significant ability to discriminate between standard quality audio and high resolution audio. At least, according to that paper.
  2. TheBatman_Yo

That's fair. there are conflicting explanations on this subject. Should I instead reference subjects' responses in “The audibility of typical digital audio Filters in a high-fidelity playback system ” Convention Paper, Presented at the 137th AES Convention 2014, the paper you referenced in your...
  3. TheBatman_Yo

Did... Did you even read the first post? Here is a link to the mentioned Meta-Analysis discussing how people can reliably tell the difference between CD and high resolution formats that among tested listeners there is a small but still statistically significant ability to discriminate between...
  4. TheBatman_Yo

When we learned about how DACs work we were also taught about the effects of filtering and quantization. Suddenly I didn't just scoff at big numbers like 24bit and 96kHz because I now knew what they meant and the benefits they could provide. The biggest thing that pushed me over the edge though...
  5. TheBatman_Yo

Yeah the system seems like a mixed blessing. I understand that it prevents blatant vandalism/misinformation on Wiki pages, but if someone doesn't agree with a change then it becomes a real headache to work out properly. It's funny though, I've heard about editorial bias on Wikipedia before and...
  6. TheBatman_Yo

I know this is a little random, but I was browsing Wikipedia's pages on High Resolution Audio, DVD-A, and Super Audio CDs recently and noticed something a little interesting: The SACD page leads with mentioning the Audio Engineering Society's double blind test that demonstrated that people could...
  7. TheBatman_Yo

Review and Measurements of Massdrop THX AAA 789 Amp

As a guy that doesn't really understand what all this means, should I be worried? Is this crosstalk issue audible?
  8. TheBatman_Yo

I'm curious, does anyone have measurements of Questyle's DAC/amp combos? I'd like to know how well the CMA400i performs simply because I was considering purchasing it before I learned about the THX 789.
  9. TheBatman_Yo

Sooo is there any more info on this issue yet? Or did I miss it?
  10. TheBatman_Yo

Any good recommendations for DACs with balanced output?
  11. TheBatman_Yo

could you post a pic of it beside the D50? I'm just curious to see if they're about the same shade of black lol
  12. TheBatman_Yo

wait... so if it doesn't really have any audible flaws, is there really anything better than it? Do all these DACs that measure well all sound the same?
  13. TheBatman_Yo

I'm wondering, is the IMD mid level 'hump' actually audible?
  14. TheBatman_Yo

aw damn, honestly I was hoping that wasn't the case because I think the Topping D50 would look better sitting on top of the THX amp. :) Is there anything else out there with similar performance and price? I've also been eyeing the JDS Labs EL DAC.
Top Bottom