Recent content by thdny

1. T

WiiM Pro Plus Streamer Review

I was looking for a cd player at this size but couldn't find a good one. So I decided to go with with Wiim network player. I think it is a pretty good deal. I just need to convert my cds to flac.
  2. T

Topping LA90 Review (Integrated Amplifier)

After using this amp for about 9 months it started to make popping noise. The same issue is mentioned by other people too. I reached out to the seller on Amazon and I shipped it back to China for testing/fixing. Let's see what happens. Overall the amp was nice until the noise issue started. The...
  3. T

Topping DX7 Pro+ Review (DAC & HP Amp)

The new firmware update seems to fix spdif problems but I couldn't find any documentation on the newly added spdif mode settings. https://www.tpdz.net/newsinfo/855476.html Any documentation about these modes?
  4. T

Any recommendations for a sleek cd player

Hi @drmevo, Unfortunately no, I couldn't find anything. I also like to have something black so my only option seems to be the pro-ject cd-players which are very expensive. p.s. I wish topping had one.
  5. T

I am using a single LA 90 with triangle gaia tower speakers. In low-gain setting, there are times I need to increase the volume all the way up to hear conversations while watching movies but I have no issues while listening to music. In high-gain setting, it is more than enough for me.
  6. T

Any recommendations for a sleek cd player

Hi, I am looking for a sleek cd player (or blu ray) to match with my topping la90 & dx7 pro+ I don't want a bulky full-sized player and couldn't find many options on the internet. The closest I could find was Cayin Mini-CD MK2...
  7. T

SMSL SU-10 DAC Review

Which one should be preferred, a high DPLL setting or bypassing the DPLL with SYNC mode. (This mode is available only in Topping DX7Pro+) https://www.esstech.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/ES9038PRO-Datasheet-v3.7.pdf page 10
  8. T

What headphones would you like Amir to measure next?

I would like to see Shure 535 and 846 iems.
  9. T

SMSL SU-10 DAC Review

Have you tried to change the DPLL setting? https://www.smsl-audio.com/upload/portal/download/SU10Manual.pdf I am curious if it would resolve the stutter issue with the LG TVs.
  10. T

I just received my LA90 yesterday and I love it. My previous amp was NAD 356. I tried to run a small A/B test with NAD and the Topping is much cleaner in sound. One thing I was annoyed about NAD was the listening fatigue. NAD sounds good but I can not listen all day long for some reason. For the...
  11. T

SMSL SU-10 DAC Review

I wonder why they don't have a 12V trigger. Similar issue with topping D90 I think.
  12. T

Topping DX7 Pro+ Review (DAC & HP Amp)

The firmware has a bug. In "Synchronous Mode" mode if you switch to IIS input, the device freezes with a "DAC ERROR!" prompt and requires a reset. This is very annoying.
  13. T

Topping D90SE Review (Balanced DAC)

Hi, What is the best way to feed audio originating from HDMI (Chromecast most of the time) to topping DACs? I don't want to go through the tv's optical output. Should I get an hdmi audio extractor? After spending a lot of money I am not sure if I can trust these audio extractors that sell for...
Top Bottom