Recent content by Tarnith

1. Tarnith

Has anyone heard / measured Acoulab Première S ??

Yeah, 1 year warranty, MFB and not even a dispersion chart/any measures of how well that worked, is a huge red flag to me. 30ms latency is also... extreme. The most aggressive mixed phase linearization I usually do is sub 20ms at the extreme. It looks really cool, I'm interested in what they've...
  2. Tarnith

Erin's audio corner and Amir. The information on these is very minimal for the very high pricing. Would just be curious to see some more details on these. 30ms latency makes them outside of my use for studio however. Mainly curious to see how well integrated the crossover is and what the...
  3. Tarnith

Hate to bump a dead thread but I'm curious. Anyone manage to put these in a Klippel or even just point a calibration mic at them?
  4. Tarnith

7Hz Salnotes Zero IEM Review

I already had one of these for several months, and I was extremely impressed with it. Replaced closed back Sennheiser headphones for my use case, and has better channel matching (to my ear) than any of my headphones. Cool to see how low the distortion is. The only complaint I had about this...
  5. Tarnith

TE Zero imaging (maybe soundstage as well) vs Hexa -- am I crazy?

I'm quite curious to get more detail on the Hexa as well. In my experience with my mk1 Zero, the channel matching is extremely good. This could be it, or it could be that bit of treble spike that they have making positional cues standout. For fun, try EQing your Zero to the same response as...
  6. Tarnith

IEM Impulse Response. What does it prove? How does it translate to music?

Overly damped driver could result in a lower level signal being under-represented. This could be seen in an impulse that decays more rapidly than expected. I'd also expect to see this in FR, but it could be more obvious what's going on in the time domain. I'd really like to see wavelet spectrum...
  7. Tarnith

Are multidriver IEMs still minphase devices?

I wouldn't expect a massive difference due to driver placement, more crossover design and driver mating. Some of this may be more obvious, or easier to see with both time and frequency plots. Personally I'm always a fan of being able to view a system in a few domains, even if one contains most...
  8. Tarnith

Audeze MM-100

I'm curious to see what's going to happen with the Sony acquisition and what we'll see come out of that. If they could get the price point a bit lower on the 100, or get something with more reasonable ear gain these could be compelling. Still looks expensive to me for the amount of EQ required
  9. Tarnith

RME babyface first gen

Not to bump a dead thread, but just wanted to add my Babyface is still getting updates and going strong as well. It's a bit long in the tooth, but still amazing for it's age and the driver beats everything else (just got an update a few weeks ago)
  10. Tarnith

HBB X KZ PR2 Planar IEM

This set made me look at KZ, but now seeing what people are actually receiving has turned me off ever buying a KZ. Not sure why they don't raise the price to the point they can better control the QC if that's what's needed. They would still be affordable and with a better treble tuning could...
  11. Tarnith

HBB X KZ PR2 Planar IEM

What's your test setup here? Are you sure that isn't capsule distortion? (Also, if you don't know SPL then at what level is this THD measure? 84db? 120db?)
  12. Tarnith

HBB X KZ PR2 Planar IEM

I'm very keen to see the THD measures! Looks like there might be a Dioko replacement at half the price if these hold up. Exciting times. The one thing I'd still like to see is a low distortion planar with great QC for L/R channel matching. Even if the price was higher. There just doesn't seem...
  13. Tarnith

Reviewer is annoyed at FR curves converging

Not to go too far off topic, but there's a *world* of difference in processing one can do on a large sensor DSLR/Mirrorless RAW file compared to what most phones are capable of (Although the gap is closer than it used to be) and the difference in optical quality is night and day, as is the...
  14. Tarnith

Reviewer is annoyed at FR curves converging

Yeah, all I'm seeing is the gap closing between the signal that was encoded into the recording and the reproduction of that at the ear drum. The cheaper this gets the better for everyone in my opinion. The less "flavour" products that are popular/accessible and the more objectively...
Top Bottom