Recent content by somy

1. S

Review and Measurements of Matrix Audio Element X DAC/Streamer/Amp

How do you bypass volume control? By setting fixed output gain?
  2. S

Info. on new Matrix Audio mini-i

For a streamer I’d recommend look elsewhere. Just search for users with software problems with their element x/m/i. What worries me is not the issues themselves, but the luck of commitment to fix those issues. BTW they also seem to put wrong wireless card in element x/m which shows how serious...
  3. S

MA Remote (app) to Element X

Not sure I saw they responded to other questions, but maybe deliberately ignore all their existing users who reported so many issues. lol After the new year I will talk to the dealer and ask for return/refund. One lesson i learnt: measurements have nothing to do with usability and reliability.
  4. S

Responsible manufacturer--A short story about Matrix Mini-i Pro 3

For DAC I thin RME is a solid choice, not tried myself but heard lots of good things. If I could return my MA I would probably get RME this time. I can only use MA streamers as DAC anyways, why should I pay premium for streaming functionality that simply doesn’t work?
  5. S

Well if you use Jriver you’d better off with a DAC/AMP with better measurements and half of the price :-)
  6. S

Based on my limited experience with BluOS I think it is a more matured solution. Just highlight some issues with MA player, which makes it almost useless for me, some of the issues were reported by several users over the past few months without any response: 1) Only show 10 popular tracks under...
  7. S

Stay away for now. Mini I 3 pro is not Roon certified yet, and there are many software issues with X. There is also a risk that you get X with 802.11N wireless card (see previous discussions).
  8. S

I'd be very surprised to hear that you're happy with it as a streamer. I have no complaint using it as DAC/AMP, but as a streamer it is simply not good enough (especially when MA charges high premium). I can get a DAC/AMP combo with better measurements and half of the price. Edit: I saw now you...
  9. S

Thanks for sharing the experience. As with several other owners of MA device we’re not happy with it. It is simply a good measured device with low usability. I’d also like to add a few more issues: 1) not possible to play “all” under artist 2) only list top 10 from artist 3) incomplete track...
  10. S

Matrix Audio Element i USB DAC & Streamer Review

Actually they put N wireless card in Element X/M as well, absolutely false advertisement and they’re still keeping silent and updated specs of x/m to 802.11n on their website.
  11. S

Sennheiser HD800S Review (Headphone)

How does HD800S comparing t o Ananda in terms of Bass? I have ananda and sometimes I hope it has a little more bass.
  12. S

Responsible manufacturer--A short story about Matrix Mini-i Pro 3

Funny enough, the “responsible manufacturer” ignored many software issues reported by the users, and their MA player is barely usable for streaming services. When some discovered in Element X/M the wireless card only supports 802.11N not AC as advertised , they silently changed the spec on their...
  13. S

Still no official statement from MA regarding the wrong wireless card installed in Element X/M? Do they really think changing the spec on their website will make them walk out from this issue?
  14. S

Best headphone under 500 euros w/o need for amplifier

Ok, I only used it for less than 1 month so far no problem, and I think the build quality is high (metal construction, leather etc.)
Top Bottom