Recent content by Snickers-is

1. S

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

One interesting consequence of this is that while Amir's review was not the topic on many other forums, @Eric Alexander behavior is. So while noone puts much emphasis on the reveiew itself, Alexander has certainly made sure it has goten attention. In addition, people still only discuss...
  2. S

That image reminds me of this statement: Prior to that statement there's also something quite funny, after talking about some sales figures that sounded kind of inflated (upwards of 250k sold sets):
  3. S

Maybe nothing will happen if you just ignore him.
  4. S

It is the graph just for the Eminence woofer published by Eminence.
  5. S

I am starting to wonder if Eric has even measured his own speakers.
  6. S

Sure, that's my point. The finished speaker would loose close to 6dB over a certain range and the crossover has to compensate for that by reducing the output in the rest of the spectrum.
  7. S

At this point, the discussion is narrowed down to 1,5 inches. If we compare the relative distance to each driver with a listening distance of 2,5 meters to a 1 meter measurement you need to move down quite a bit to get the same relative distance. Simply put, the crossover axis is not the same as...
  8. S

It kind of reminds me of the response curve of the Eminence Alpha 8A Funny how 92,5dB before baffle step compensation becomes 95 after, instead of the more typical 86-87 one would get using the law of physics.
  9. S

I rarely find that I need lots of anechoic measurements during the development period. That was not my intention. My point was that I do not think using NFS or not is what separates a good company from a bad one.
  10. S

Yes there is. Amirm made a statement that the NFS is something that any serioust manufacturer has to use. I disagree on that. My DATS V3 does not have such functionality. It only measures the impedance, and it does not have nearly enough power to reach the excursion levels necessary to test...
  11. S

I am talking about 2 different Klippel systems. NFS is for so called Spinorama-measurements, and the large signal analyzer is for driver parameters. They are for totally different purposes, but neither of them are necessarily giving you exactly what you are looking for.
  12. S

I think this debate about the NFS also should include if this is the type of measurement you as a manufacturer wants as your tool to make a great speaker. I would say no to that, both because it takes so long to measure a speaker, and because I typically look for different data than what the NFS...
  13. S

I find it kind of scary to be a reviewer with people act like @Eric Alexander has done for the past few days. Erin Hardisson and @amirm were both accused of having shown some faulty data that was suposedly showing the result of the missing feet or other mistakes. With the feet in place, the...
  14. S

It does not sound that respectful to me. And why didn't you post your "correct curves" immediately? You got to have them, since you can tell that Amir's curves shows something different from what your curves shows, so what are you waiting for?
  15. S

What makes big speakers sound "big"and smaller ones sound "small"?

In addition to my shortlist from 2021 here: https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/what-makes-big-speakers-sound-big-and-smaller-ones-sound-small.21481/post-716256 I would like to add listening distance as a factor. If one can maintain the frequency response and SPL at a longer...
Top Bottom