Recent content by SJ777

1. SJ777

Raspberry Pi 4b + RoPieeXL + USB + Toppings D50 = Poor Sound?

If you're going to re-image the RPi with Ropieee, do it without enabling XL. This will still work with Roon and it has the benefit of cutting out additional things that might be causing a problem. If you get stuck, you could always post on the Roon Community Forums. The designer of Ropieee is...
  2. SJ777

Thank you ASR

This was me exactly 12 months ago, word for word. Thank you for posting.
  3. SJ777

Spotify to launch 'Hi-Fi' CD Quality Tier.

Only if you want Tidal, Qobuz and Roon.
  4. SJ777

Apple lossless official announcement

Added into this, Amazon are stopping HD additional charge.
  5. SJ777

Music is dead.

Agreed. I'm out of here. Going to listen to some.... new music!
  6. SJ777

Music is dead.

Whether or not they're a new band is irrelevant. They're producing new music, alongside artists of all ages doing the same.
  7. SJ777

Music is dead.

Well there is evidence that suggests the opposite of what you believe is actually true. Streaming is now by far the largest way in which people consume music. Spotify is by far the largest streaming service. Spotify's most streamed artists are not Radiohead, Nirvana, Springsteen or any of your...
  8. SJ777

Music is dead.

Evidence?
  9. SJ777

Music is dead.

An absolute Amen to that! Kid A is a masterpiece that betters even OK Computer (imo). Can't work out why OP would praise Radiohead as "old music" - A Moon Shaped Pool (2016) is new(ish) and a great listen. I get the feeling that Thom Yorke will always be pushing the boundaries until the day he...
  10. SJ777

Music is dead.

Correction offered to avoid what appears to be an objective pronouncement on a subjective matter! Just out of interest, do you have this same dissatisfaction with other forms of contemporary culture - films, TV, books?
  11. SJ777

Music is dead.

I am a fan of a country music and I can tell you that it isn't dead. The past isn't coming back (Merle Haggard, Hank Williams etc.), but the future is yet to be written. All forms of popular culture (of which country music is one) change and evolve. That's the nature of popular culture!
  12. SJ777

Music is dead.

You've just defined nostalgia.
  13. SJ777

Music is dead.

I thought you were objecting to new music. By definition the new Dinosaur Jr album is new music.
  14. SJ777

Music is dead.

I'm not sure in what world Radiohead are not a "modern band". They're still producing cutting edge and innovative material. New music is new music, regardless of the age of the people making it.
  15. SJ777

Music is dead.

Just relax and realise that your Technics LP is not the summation of all recently produced music. There's some amazing stuff out there.
Top Bottom