Recent content by sideways2

1. S

Speaker dilemma with 40 Watt Amp

Fyne Audio F301 or any of the 300 series... easy to drive easy to listen to.
  2. S

Another bookshelf speaker recommendation... bounce some ideas around...

I've been a member on this site for a couple years now and although I don't post I'm here pretty much everyday! I'm just looking to see what you people think about this... I want to bounce this off of you for giggles. K... I'm older... I don't hear past 9.5k and I'm very prone to sibilance...
  3. S

Amp opinions please... I have a little dilemma...

Fantastic :cool: And with mine it was the DSP... all I got was white noise out of all the channels. Rep told me they switched manufacturing plants on this series... needed to work out some QC issues I guess.
  4. S

earworm: Good to know about the AVR's!! I actually haven't thought about the network side of things. I'll stay away from that route thanks! NAD is very plentiful around these parts even with minor shipping involved. In the late 90's I was doing the home theatre stuff and went through three HK...
  5. S

Thanks people... really appreciate the replies!! A little background... over the last 30 years I've worked myself through the ranks of McIntosh on down. With DSP and room correction I've worked myself up from Berhinger to miniDSP to DEQX. I've played with pretty much every speaker config out...
  6. S

Nothing at the moment... and I'm not worried about that... I have had literally a hundred different pairs over the last 30 years so I'm pretty sure I can find something suitable to my tastes :) I'm more concerned about an amp and how to get the best out of streaming from the Chromecast. I liked...
  7. S

I'm trying to put together a little casual listening system for my living room... nothing critical... and I'm getting a tad turned around. Primary source is a Chromecast Audio for Spotify and radio. I only want to spend a couple hundred or so. I've pretty much read every thread on this site and...
  8. S

Big Speaker in a small room?

Yup...agreed...mini monitors are awesome in a small room!! That said...my living room is only 13x15 and I ran Maggies in there...they were wonderful!! I would easily recommend them for any room...
  9. S

What music servers do members use

Serviio along with the app on our phones to Bluetooth to the main living room speakers...samba share for my laptop... Not sure on Roon requirements...sorry :)
  10. S

Question about a desktop amp\dac...

Thanks for all the replies!! The DA3 is something I've already looked at and would purchase easily if an actual desktop... no battery... solution is not available...
  11. S

Yes...sorry I should have made it a tad less foggy :D Not a portable but a desktop unit...running AKG K240 Studio and K550 along with a Grado 60... Those Topping units are dac only...no headphone section...although the NX4 has both but is portable...I need an NX4 in a desktop solution...
  12. S

I am looking for an amp\dac combo for my desktop...something small...somewhat inexpensive...around that $200.00 CND or less... and preferably Sabre or AK based... Now the issue I'm facing is that what I am finding mostly resides in portable units. So my question...would there be any harm in...
Top Bottom