Recent content by SeshatCZ

1. S

E1DA 9038D performance according to df-metric

Is it possible, that this phenomenon will distort measurements of another DUT in the case of RME Adi-2 Pro FS R BE?
  2. S

Antique 1970s-era Marantz receivers and integrated amplifiers

I like my Luxman R1050 receiver a lot. I have not done any measurements of it, but when used as an preamp for my Nakamichi DR10 tape deck (my analogue sources etalon), it holds against a vintage standalone preamp Primare 201, which I use in my setup right now instead of it. I was shocked, that...
  3. S

Elac Debut Reference DBR-62 Speaker Review

I have tried with 140 Hz in a similar situation - a 100 Watt subwoofer in the middle in the same horizontal level as were Elacs. The bass boost was definitely there, a bit wider stage, but I have been disappointed with a lack of "soft texture" in lows, to which I have been accustomed with them...
  4. S

Merit in measuring @ 1 watt (first watt performance)?

LiquidSound, thanks for the math. It is very helpful for me. So, for us mere mortals, we can talk about higher-sensitivity speakers e.g. 91 dB, which are still more often Numbers should be for a 15 dB lower base in sensitivity circa threetimes more power needed, i.e 6-12 Watts. These should...
  5. S

What (physically) causes the 7.5-8.5kHz peak in human hearing with IEMs and why it's important...

Thanks a lot ADU. It makes sense. Neverthless, I have thought, that IEM-manufactures know empirically some "sweet spots" frequencies to be able to compensate for changed conditions in ear canal with in-ears in. For me, the above frequencies in Normal conditions were unknown. Good to know it, to...
  6. S

What IEMs do you own?

Pioneer SE CH9T
  7. S

What (physically) causes the 7.5-8.5kHz peak in human hearing with IEMs and why it's important...

Thanks for sharing this Information. The IEMs are definitely an unique class of audio, with its special problems. It is very interesting to think about the Normal perception via an ear, and separately about the IEM-modified perception. My question , maybe a bit of topic: In Normal Perception...
  8. S

Elac Debut Reference DBR-62 Speaker Review

I have tried them with this integrated amp alone, and there was a distortion in richer passages with more French horns typically. Maybe it is in correlation with the measured sudden elevation in phase right after the impedance deep in this review, maybe it is irrelevant. In every case, when I...
  9. S

Yet another Elac Debut reference thread!

Hi Audiofool1Q84, I have similar experiences with these speakers. I like them too much to let them go, but one must have some burn-in period with them. But on the other side of the whole chain, than it is ment usually with this term, which is per se a bit vague, and unscientific. YOU must...
  10. S

Loudspeaker Management Systems

Thanks a lot for Your reply. A lot of interesting Information for me, indeed . I will elaborate through it all a WHILE
  11. S

Loudspeaker Management Systems

Hi gene_stl, what gadgets have you used? I am now in a similar situation with my newly acquired vintage crossover Sony ta-d88b. I have contemplated to use some gear from professional ones Loudspeaker Management Systems to do some measurements for Room treatment, which I would use manually for...
  12. S

Entry level intergrated amp with preout recommendations

You can try some vintage eventually. It is cheap, and entry level too as for probable changes in near future. Something such a basic survival module, it is such work horse, no parade. However, unreliable naturally. From my limited experience with a pure analogue - Yamaha AX596 is a nice one. It...
  13. S

Speakers for a Class A TRANSISTOR amplifier

I MAYBE have had the right speakers at first, already before I bought the new Sony amp . The unused ones are Italian Indiana Line Nota 260X, their specs are in this link to Nota 260X. It appears that these speakers have the right sensitivity 91 dB, and 30-100W suggested power of an amplifier...
  14. S

These are very nice indeed. Nevertheless, it is a vintage, and that we have already excluded some post up. I will study them, and maybe some repassed pair of them could be a solution.
  15. S

Thanks a lot, it is a type of information I am after. Is it Your own experience with something similar? It appears to be somewhere between the wattage specs of the 2 in 1 amp, so it seems to me rational way.
Top Bottom