Recent content by sea

1. S

Hiby R6iii native PEQ and convolution

I just received an update on the now older Hiby model, r6iii, that added system wide PEQ. Pretty neat, it works with the plugins that's also system wide. Currently running convolution with crossfeed. It looks to be pretty good, resolution of adjustment is pretty fine and will fit most profiles...
  2. S

Creative Sound Blaster X5 Interface Review

I owned one, but sold it not long after due to the many various issues... The analog knob is very glitchy when used with IOS devices, it seems to want to control both my ipad volume as well as it's own. It also couldn't go to high gain mode when plugged straight into my ipad without turning off...
  3. S

Too many volume knobs!! Help a noob out

The issue was that the schiit had pretty bad channel imbalance for around the first quarter of the knob. depending on what headphones I had plugged in, many times my volume out would have landed on the trouble spots for the schiit volume knob. but anyhow i've gotten sick of dealing with this...
  4. S

comfortable headphones + mods for comfort

hey guys, curious on what people find are the best headphones for long listening sessions (just physical fit alone) personally, some of the headphones touted by reviewers as comfortable like grados and hd800s don't really do it for me. hd800s are not horrible, but they clamp on my jaw and after...
  5. S

Fiio DAP wavelet compatibility?

hey guys, wondering if anyone has experience running wavelet or any other system wide eq on any fiio devices? in particular i'm looking at the fiio r7 but i assume they're similar across the product ranges. anyone measured the r7? haven't been able to find any online
  6. S

Most cost effective upgrade route?

oh wow, I just tried placing books under my speakers per your suggestion and they actually made a noticeable difference. thanks so much for the suggestions :) i'll give em a go before purchasing anything. ahhh sorry, english is not my first language. I'm running apple music and roon on my...
  7. S

mostly apple music and some local files. streaming to the kefs aren't a big priority, i hardly use them wirelessly, only occasionally through roon when i select the wrong output lol
  8. S

nothing particularly wrong with it, but i think the bass could sound better on some tracks. (comparing against headphones, i know they're a different thing and can't really compare but it's all i have to go off of lol :P) i don't have much experience with any other speaker setup apart from my...
  9. S

thanks to everyone who left a response, i'm pretty new to speakers so the help is much appreciated :) if i were to go the rew route i should turn off the kef room settings right? or would i be able to use a mic to figure out what the best settings are in the app? i don't really use the speakers...
  10. S

thanks for the response guys, will probably get a minidsp umik-1 before anything else then. are there any good active subwoofers under or around 500usd? i hope the kef lsx ii subwoofer output isn't an issue, haven't seen anyone mention that online
  11. S

hi guys, what's the most cost effective upgrade I could take for my current setup? am using: kef lsx II listening about 1.5m away from the speakers, they are used on my desk with my pc. no sub, no eq (only whatever settings in the kef connect app) used for music / youtube most of the time...
  12. S

Audio Science Discord Server for audio enthusiasts

i have to say this discord is one of the more friendly / noob safe places i've joined :D as someone who's a casual reader of asr that values measurements over traditional opinion based reviews but doesn't understand everything that gets posted here, the kind folk in the discord have given me...
  13. S

Too many volume knobs!! Help a noob out

What I do now is: Ipad volume always max Dac volume = used for actual volume control Amp volume = left at zero when turning on the amp, and i adjust it to a spot where I can't notice channel imbalance. I think my unit is whack or something, on my not so sensitive mrspeakers aeon flow closed, it...
  14. S

What headphone(s) do you own ?

you're probably right ! I probably should try some other (more reasonably priced) headphones out first. sorry if i triggered anyone by saying I was saving up for the stealth lmao i'll be honest, it's a combination of "shiny new thing" and having a local guy posting theirs for sale at a really...
  15. S

Skullcandy Grind Wireless Headphone Review

The design of the earpads looks a little fragile and prone to yuckiness build up, but what a surprise from skullcandy!! Also who approved that model name lmao
Top Bottom