Recent content by ReluctantGT

1. R

Warning: change your password please!

The only way to mitigate the LP breach is to change the passwords for the sites in your vault (that haven't been changed since before the breach), or at least enable MFA on those sites. Migration is pretty easy. You can export your LP vault to a text file then import it into your new PW...
  2. R

Warning: change your password please!

Done! Thanks for the warning.
  3. R

Soundcraft Notepad 5 Audio Interface Review

Thanks again for the review @amirm! I bought it to use on my desktop for learning songs on bass through headphones. Also briefly used for videoconferencing before I got a proper headset. Functionally, it ticked all the boxes (including the one labeled "cheap"). I've had great experiences...
  4. R

Gold Planar GL2000 Headphone Review

I did the same thing! Except, I didn't sell my GL2000 (they're the ones in this review). I actually find the Aeon X more comfortable! The headband shape of the GL2000 doesn't match my pointy head, thus the "nuggets". Looking forward to trying them again using Amir's filters. Thanks for the...
  5. R

Streaming Service Accessibility?

An audiophile friend of mine is visually impaired, using a screen reader (e.g. JAWS) to interact with computers. He's interested in getting into lossless streaming, but the services I've used (Tidal, Qobuz) were very difficult to use with a screen reader. The keyboard shortcut coverage for...
  6. R

What are we listening to right now..

Just discovered Joachim Horsley's Carribean Noctournes. It's all I want.
  7. R

Your casual listening playlist

Big fan of the FTL soundtrack by Ben Prunty! Into the Breach isn't on Qobuz :(
  8. R

All-round headphones suggestions

https://drop.com/buy/drop-dan-clark-audio-aeon-closed-x-headphones Sometimes these go on sale. I got mine 30% off https://danclarkaudio.com/aeon-rt-new-1.html You may have been looking at the AEON 2 Noire, which are more expensive.
  9. R

All-round headphones suggestions

You'll definitely notice a big difference in tone with the LCD-2 closed compared to the HD600. I much prefer the LCD-2 tuning, since I find the HD600 pretty bass-light. They're going to be much heavier, if that matters. No experience with the Elegia. You might also consider one of the Dan...
  10. R

Why not test more pro audio?

FWIW I've sent Amir a small mixer with USB AD/DA. Anxiously awaiting the review! I don't anticipate it will measure anywhere near good standalone DACs, but it'll be interesting to find out.
  11. R

Artists You Have Discovered Lately

Shobaleader One. I'm ashamed at only having discovered this now. I've been a Squarepusher fan since the 90's.
  12. R

Excellent Presentation on Headphone Measurements

Thanks for sharing! The most interesting thing I've watched in a while. His remarks on distortion in particular. I thought he did a great job not pimping his products too hard. You can tell how proud he is of the Stealth, though.
  13. R

$1 Million Cable Challenge

The copper is so pure they won't even let their website be sullied by HTTPS. Encryption produces audible smearing of the soundstage (as everyone knows).
Top Bottom