Recent content by rallychief

1. R

Kef M500 earpads

Hi static V3 you are the best, i have ordered a pair from France, a tad expensive at circa £37 but the headphones are pretty much scrap as they are, lets hope i don't pick up customs charges, with us no longer being in the EU here in the uk. Thanks Chris
  2. R

Kef M500 earpads

Hi eveybody, i have a pair of Kef M500 headphones i bought for a very good price a few years ago, the problem i have is the earpads have split badly where the 2 halves are joined and the actual earpad surface is disintegrating, i cannot find anywhere in the world replacements for these, they...
  3. R

Topping NX4 interface with i phone xs

Thanks to eveybody here for all help and advice to get this thing working, static V3 have googled if the NX4 supports UAC2 but didn't get an answer, i think we have to assume that it does, as the i phone is changing the volume. Cheers Chris
  4. R

Ok some embarresment, have tried it again and must have done something different ,or fired it up in a different order, and a message popped up on i phone which hasnt happened before saying " open i phone device to use usb accessory" which i did, and now have sound, but the sound level can be...
  5. R

Thanks for further replies, will try powering the A1619 first, i bought the XS max used so no idea how it was looked after so could easily have dirt in lightning port preventing low level signals from passing, will try that next is 15.1.3 not the latest ios ?
  6. R

Thanks for the replies everyone was frightened of powering the A1619 adapter due to not wanting to shove 5v into the NX4 which is self powered and damage it, would that not be an issue ? edit i have also tried a lightning to mini usb adapter just a solid adapter no cable, which allows direct...
  7. R

Hi everybody, i have an i phone XS max, and a Topping NX4 portable dac/headphone amp, i have bough a genuine apple lightning to usb camera adapter type A1619, i cannot get any sound from the NX4, i have tried it with a 5th Gen i pad with the same result both running latest ios 15.3.1 am i...
  8. R

Daphile, Digital Music Convenience for Audiophiles

Ah ha ever felt stupid, how could i have missed that great big button marked info, i see an optician visit in the near future lol, so got that now, should succeed now, in the meantime as a workaround, i put my network name into workgroup in daphile network, rebooted, i now have daphile listed as...
  9. R

Ok no start button, maybe a little bit of confusion, where is the "info tab" you are referring to, i may be in the wrong place, despite searching high and low lol. Cheers Chris
  10. R

Hi somebodyelse yep i hit the save and restart to keep the sw and share options selected, i will use the drive for daphile backup exclusively so by what you are saying target directory can be blank, so when i hit the save and restart button i should have have a start button appear, figured...
  11. R

Ok have got a little further, their are 2 check boxes SW and Share in the listing for the drive in storage, menu if those are checked the drive now shows up in the target drive list in backup menu, and can be selected, what next, do i have to enter something in target directory box if so what, i...
  12. R

Hi somebodyelse many thanks for your reply, i tried the drive formatted NTFS that also didn't work for backup does it have to be ext4 no idea how to do that,the only options i have in win 10 are NTFS and exfat, fat 32 no longer an option, why do drives have padlock icons in file manager, the...
  13. R

Hi everybody new here, joined as you seem to have a sub section for Daphile, having just decided to give it a try , been running a pi3b with MoOde audio previously, anyway have bought a small form PC based on an Asrock J4005m motherboard in a Coolermaster elite case, it has a lite on DS8 drive...
Top Bottom