Recent content by proud

1. P

xDuoo XA-10 Review (DAC and Headphone Amp)

Talking about sound, I meant the NativeDSD format
  2. P

xDuoo XA-10 Review (DAC and Headphone Amp)

I have been repairing this device. It has a valuable property - direct DSD mode. This is when re-conversion to PСM is not used, and the 1-bit stream goes directly only to the output FIR . I think that's why the volume control is done this way. The sound is really good ..
  3. P

Topping E30 DAC Review

AK4493 uses multi-element switching arrays. They is designated in the datasheet schema as SCF. And in the direct DSD mode, the signal arrives at them bypassing all PCM processing. Therefore, the seventh order is uniquely And giordy correctly asked about the driver XMOS. Do you have the latest...
  4. P

Topping E30 DAC Review

It is better to choose the volume level in this place. This is additionally the overload indicator, it can light up red.
  5. P

Topping E30 DAC Review

I use the HQPlayer in conjunction with the Roon. The volume is not adjustable, I can only control the analogue on the amplifiers. There are no overloads and interruptions in sound, the volume is fixed exactly at -3dB.
  6. P

Topping E30 DAC Review

Of course, check it out. My settings are correct and work with any format automatically. Do exactly as in my screenshot. You can only change to lighter filters and modulators, my computer is quite powerful.
  7. P

Topping E30 DAC Review

HQPlayer4 has taken care of this for a long time! It is important that the DAC supports this. These are my settings for working with SMSL Sanskrit 10 MK2. If I had a direct DSD mode, then I would be happy with everything. The microchip AK4493 has a wonderful sound... For those who are not in...
  8. P

Topping E30 DAC Review

Your irony is like a blank shot. Roon just gives a choice for everyone. Easy and elegant.....
  9. P

Topping E30 DAC Review

I will also add that this improves the sound space, the near and back fields, and the localization of the instruments. No matter DOP or Native, the conversion of 48 to 44.1kHz spoils the sound. Of course, to hear this, it is important to have high-level audio components.
  10. P

Topping E30 DAC Review

You look like a moody child now... The Akashi Kasei engineers were great and were looking to the future. And I will probably buy a DIY board with AK4493 and make custom firmware for the controller. I don't even need a PСM path in a microcircuit, only a bypass on SCF filter. And Topping...
  11. P

Topping E30 DAC Review

How old were you when this standard appeared? Are you suggesting that I live in that time?
  12. P

Topping E30 DAC Review

Roon makes the conversion PCM48 to DSD with a change in the base frequency from 48 to 44.1kHz. This is not very good for sound, especially for spatial information. HQPlayer4 does it right and great, but there must be DAC support.
  13. P

Topping E30 DAC Review

Are you really a technical expert? ... :facepalm:
  14. P

Topping E30 DAC Review

All right, I agree, but I have a lot of music in multiples of 48 kHz! I made my choice and now use software digital filters and SD modulators. If Topping is unable to fix such elementary glitches, and their technical expert starts teaching me how to listen to music ..... No comment
  15. P

Topping E30 DAC Review

ShinMolina My English is not that strong for sarcasm. But I also work with electronics and I know that this problem is not worth a damn. Half an hour of programmer's work
Top Bottom