Recent content by pma

1. pma

Does Phase Distortion/Shift Matter in Audio? (no*)

Because the topic is not trivial at all, so you have a mixture of pointless and sensible opinions. Read what @j_j is writing, he is the real expert and the one of very few here.
  2. pma

How to use Hypex Ncore NC122MP (NC252MP) in Mono BTL mode.

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/meaurements-of-hypex-nc252mp-in-bridge-tied-load-btl.41091/
  3. pma

Revel F206 Tower Speaker Review

Bass extension of this speaker seems to be insufficient?
  4. pma

About stepped attenuators (i.e. am i hearing things ?)

You will get nothing wrong with the DAC. This is my implementation (10k)
  5. pma

Great recordings of classical music

No :). E# would be F:).
  6. pma

Fosi Audio V3 Mono Amplifier Review

Pity you do not measure complex output impedance, instead of those plots into 4/8 Ohms. R + jwL output impedance would tell much more. Other than that, 19+20kHz result is poor, as well as distortion at higher frequencies.
  7. pma

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

Extreme, polarized attitude, not based on knowledge and deep experience in the field, is a problem. Such is any public forum.
  8. pma

DIgital Audio vs Analog Test

I did it, level matched, for my own purposes. There are caveats, like time synchro, but it is doable. Anyone with serious intent snould be capacable to prepare the test himself. Do not believe in debates, they are pointless. Just do it.
  9. pma

Ascend Sierra-1 V2 Speaker Review

Thanks. It might be the case and measuring conditions have to be stated. Based on Ascend V2 dimensions, measuring distance should have been at least 60 cm (3xW). One remark - the distance of centers of the drivers used should be 5/4 lambda at the crossover frequency, to minimize phase influence.
  10. pma

Ascend Sierra-1 V2 Speaker Review

I have also been very surprised to see that large and wide dip in the “non-anechoic” measurement. This must be very audible and I experience the same issue only in case that the crossover is not phase optimized.
  11. pma

McIntosh Transformer causing noise in speakers while disconnected.

If you are a regular or professional user, then it makes sense. If you want to measure one-time something you do not understand, then it makes no sense to buy Fluke at almost $500.
  12. pma

McIntosh Transformer causing noise in speakers while disconnected.

Fluke is an overkill in case he needs to make sporadic measurements of several mV induced. Any general purpose multimeter would do the job.
  13. pma

AKSA and other boutique amplifiers

I see your point, but those amps also have tons of non-harmonic, power supply related mess, which is a sign of incompetent design.
  14. pma

AKSA and other boutique amplifiers

You can find it at diyaudio, Vendor section. Those amps do not measure well. https://www.diyaudio.com/community/attachments/titan-125-power-amplifier-prototype-measurements-doc.1120997/
Top Bottom