Recent content by phrosty

1. P

JDS Labs Element III Review (DAC & Amp)

The menu configures the button. From then on, it's just pressing the knob.
  2. P

That's fantastic! I agree it's a strange choice; you can now configure the knob button to act as an output switch, so it's not a big deal.
  3. P

Been using the Element III for a few days now and I'm really liking it! Starting with the C5, moving to O2 and then ODAC, then Atom stack, now Element... I must say I'm a pretty loyal JDS Labs customer. I appreciate the consistently excellent support and lack of snakeoil. Since JDS mentioned...
  4. P

RF issue - insane noise from Logitech's Powerplay mat

Thanks for all the advice everyone, I really appreciate it. It appears to be an RF issue -- I moved the mat to the other side of the room and plugged it into a USB charger, and the noise is still picked up by the Solo ~6 feet away. If I move the mat around mid-air then the volume of the noise...
  5. P

RF issue - insane noise from Logitech's Powerplay mat

Logitech's Powerplay mat is feeding a huge amount of noise into my PC through USB. My Scarlett Solo is affected heavily, making its XLR input basically unusable with a loud pulsing buzz that gets amped alongside the mic. A warning to any audiophiles! It seems I'm not the only one who's noticed...
  6. P

Aeon 2 closed

I love the build and comfort of my AFC. I look forward to hearing the Aeon 2 as I hear he did some mods that affect soundstage.
  7. P

JDS Labs Atom DAC Review

I'm in for one :). It will stack well with my Atom Amp to replace my ODAC. It doesn't win the numbers race, but it's transparent so that doesn't matter to me. I think JDS is one of the best audio companies around right now in terms of build quality, support, openness, and dedication to...
  8. P

JDS Labs EL AMP II Headphone Review

I love the look, but if it were me, I'd have compromised it to get a power button on the front/top area. Needing to fish my fingers back there any time I want to switch to speakers is just... meh.
  9. P

Amazon launches lossless high-res music service!

I noticed playing a UHD-capable file at a lower quality will pop up this. Seems to indicate it won't do anything to get bit-perfect playback.
  10. P

Amazon launches lossless high-res music service!

So the files are high-res, but is there any way to check if the player is bypassing Android's 16bit/48kHz?
  11. P

Microsoft is kinda cool to let it happen

I mean there are like 150 buildings, it's hard to know them all :). I think only area I recognized was the fountain between 16/18 at the end.
  12. P

Review and Measurements of New JDS Labs Atom Headphone Amp

I'll be curious to see how power compares to O2 and EL AMP.
  13. P

Review and Measurements of Topping DX3Pro DAC and Headphone Amp

cheap, lots of inputs, lots of outputs, enough power for seemingly anything short of an e-stat, seemingly audibly transparent -- what's not to like? FR will always be affected, but at some point it'll be by such a small amount you just won't be able to hear it. Some used to recommend a...
  14. P

Review and Audio Measurement of LG G7 ThinQ Smartphone

I have to say, with everyone ditching the audio jack, I *love* that LG decided doubling down on theirs was a way to differentiate themselves. I also love voting with my wallet, so it was an easy selling point for me. I liked my V30 prior to reading this one, and now I like it even more :). When...
Top Bottom