Recent content by PeterW

1. P

ATC speakers / Monitors

The reviewed speakers a small 2 way design, like most 2 ways dome tweeter , midbass, they are limited and unremarkable. The midrange dome used in the lager models is exeptional, the best I have ever auditioned. By the way, the truth include the 2 missing octaves in a small 2 way.
  2. P

Cheap balanced Dac

Actualy I need a cheap Dac with balanced XLR
  3. P

Who would buy a speaker without listening to it?

I did, I bought a pair of Z Soul Supremes, a disater, than bought Yamaha NS1000, quite pleased with those until the next ones.
  4. P

Cheap balanced Dac

Are there any cheap balanced dacs at less then 100 Dollars?
  5. P

Zu Audio speaker solutions

Yes, I have tried an expensive tube integrated amplifier on loan to me, I also tied a Hiraga pure class A amp, and various well designed class AB mosfet amps. Same awfull results. The designer of these speakers also makes a point that they are very efficient, Ok but they are also high...
  6. P

Why review small speakers?

You like those? Like the 105's low sensitivity, heavy cones, crossovers that suck out all the music, no dynamics.
  7. P

That is not my logic. If you read my post, I said, if you compare the good quality ones you will find that they may sound different but you can't say that one is better the the other they are just different. How many recipes can you come up with with 2 small speakers an inductance, capacitor...
  8. P

Lame excuse, great recordings sound pretty good even on dirt cheap vintage speakers
  9. P

Two octaves missing and no spl capabilities. Better off with a head set.
  10. P

It is a constructive criticism. In fact, I think Amir's reviews are spot on.
  11. P

Actualy, it is a very small accomplishment, they are going back deep into my the basement. These speakers are a joke Reviewers like steve gotenburg and Darko must be on the same substance. These people cost me money.
  12. P

Looks like a coaxial amplified and dsp equalized, not a classic 2 way. Not my cup of tea, but probably can qualify as hi fi.
  13. P

No, it is a switch on a active crossover.
  14. P

Writing and reading reviews of 2 way speaker 6 inch woofer dome tweter is a waste of time. There are hundreds of so called good ones, none are better then the other, they are just diferent. The only thing they have in common is: They are not hi fi.
  15. P

There are many posts on this forum thrashing Zu speakers while Audio reviews continue to praise them. I am the unfortunate owner of the soul supremes. Every once in a while I bring them out of storage and try to make them listenable diferent amplifiers,ect.. Persévérance and luck paid off...
Top Bottom