Recent content by o2so

1. o2so

Introducing the Phono Cartridge Measurement Library

This thread is so great but it's a bit time consuming to go through all the individual posts to find out which ones are the top performing carts. Has anyone extracted a top 5 list yet?
  2. o2so

Purchase advice after Genelec 8341

Decisions decisions! I have sold my Gennies 8341 and Arendal sub to free up some cash. I am looking to replace them with something cheaper, but as good as possible. I am thinking either: - Genelecs 8340 (price is $5,000 AU) - Genelecs 8040 with a sub (around $5,000 AU) - Kef Ls50 wireless II...
  3. o2so

Properties of speakers that creates a large and precise soundstage

Hi everyone, it has been a minute. I am getting rid of my Genelecs 8341 to free up some cash, and I am thinking of replacing these either with a non-coaxial design such as Genelecs 8040b, or another coaxial design such as Kef's R3s. I enjoy a lot the 3d sound staging that the 8341 can depict...
  4. o2so

REW instructions to test subwoofer compression on burst tones

Hello, could anyone kindly point me to some laymen-level instructions to use REW to check if my subwoofer is compressing burst tones at my typical listening volume? I do not mean long-term (swipe-like) compression, I already know it compresses a fair bit in the long term test. But will it...
  5. o2so

Small Room Treatment

Thank you. What is the recommended distance for diffusion?
  6. o2so

Small Room Treatment

So, reading back the suggestions I get quite confused. Should I use broadband absorption at first reflection points, or diffusion, or both, or nothing? I would not mind increasing clarity a little now that the centre image is fixed.
  7. o2so

Small Room Treatment

I think I found the reason of the soundstage being constantly shifted to the right. Cheap hearing test shows a sizeable gap between my right ear (red line) and left one (blue line). After some trial and error I compensated by increasing the right channel affected frequencies by 1\4 of the gap...
  8. o2so

Small Room Treatment

Added L/R screenshots
  9. o2so

Small Room Treatment

Thank you. My room correction is ON in all measurements by the way
  10. o2so

Small Room Treatment

got it thanks. it is there now
  11. o2so

Small Room Treatment

do you mean corner bass traps, or to fill the nooks next to the fireplace where the subs are with membrane bass traps? Note that there is a window in the left nook
Top Bottom