Recent content by o2so

1. o2so

KEF LSX Review (Wireless Speaker)

I did some testing. The variability of measurements around 10k Hz was simply due to being too much off-axis and was fixed by pointing the speakers straight to my ears. Fair enough, we are talking 8 to 10k Hz. Most of the oscillations throughout the mid-band became much smaller after I threw a...
  2. o2so

its probably me being there, I should have stepped away from the mic. Side walls are very far away
  3. o2so

Yes in room, but very near field, mic is 70cm from speakers
  4. o2so

Thank you Amir for this review. I am using the lsxs on a desktop set up for very near-field listening (about 0.7m), with a kc62 crossed over at 100 Hz. I have had these speakers just for a few weeks now but I am struggling to measure them properly. I am getting quite variable and unpredictable...
  5. o2so

REW Help - how to measure with EQ applied?

Long shot but how do you export the test signal from REW to Roon?
  6. o2so

new KEF KC62 dual 6.5" subwoofer

I just bought a kc62 and it does not seem to have any issues of unnecessary standby. I was told by KEF that all serial numbers after SKC6203007N13N2G have had the hardware fix, but they said that only some of the earlier SN have the issue. I am using the KC62 in a desk set up with KEF lsx and...
  7. o2so

Dynaudio Core 47 Review (Professional Monitor)

I think it looks pretty good up to at least 45 degrees...
  8. o2so

Dynaudio Core 47 Review (Professional Monitor)

On the (off) topic of Dynaudio not measuring well or not caring about dispersion in general, here are two very much homemade charts taken at 1m that will give you an idea of horizontal and vertical dispersion of another model, also with DSP, that is the Focus XD 60. I took these last night at...
  9. o2so

Device for Equal Loudness/Fletcher Munson Curve? Do Any Speakers Adapt to This?

Are these curves automatically made by audissey or have you created these to suit your preferences? I am asking because the compensation on the highs is much smaller than the one you obtain by subtracting ISO curves like @dasdoing has suggested
  10. o2so

My understanding is that there are standards, however not necessarily these have been applied to all recordings. Bob Katz's mastering guidelines recommend setting EACH monitor so that pink noise measures 83db at the listening spot (C weighted). Which means that when you listen stereo you would...
  11. o2so

Ok but I can't do that. I would like to have just a rough idea to build a static "loudness" filter for late night listening. I will not be using dynamic eq because I don't think this can be set up in roon. At night I listen at an average of about 65db C weighted, but peaks can be at 75db. Does...
  12. o2so

Hi again, and quick question. What weighting type should I use when measuring my SPL so I can apply the correct correction curve? In other words, what weighting type are the ISO curves based on? A, C or Z? I find that there is a lot of difference in the readings when changing weighting type. I...
  13. o2so

Do IsoAcoustics products affect dispersion?

I have just tested Isoacustics Gaia II on a pair of Dynaudio Focus 60xd, trying to maintain the speaker height constant with and without feet. There was a difference, both measured and which I could hear. However I did not think it sounded better with the gaias on. In fact, REW measurements...
  14. o2so

I am not sure how common the issue of mastering room responses is and the extent to which it would affect the master. It certainly will to some extent but I would have thought that most mastering studios are well organized to produce a flattish response in the nearfield. It wont be perfect ok...
  15. o2so

Ahhhhhhhh got it. at 83db our perceived frequency response is not flat, HOWEVER this is the reference level at which most recordings are mastered. These are already compensated by the engineer to sound balanced (according to his ears) when replayed at 83db (with a system producing a flat...
Top Bottom