Recent content by Nullproblemo

1. N

Minidsp SHD Review Updated (DSP, DAC & Streamer)

It didn't happen during a settings change, rather no signal present on power on, than signal through optical in (TV in this case). Maybe my wife changed the input, but certainly not a setting.
  2. N

Actually I had to update the firmware too, even though I've got the SHD two months after the latest FW release. Also the standby noise remains after doing the update. I took a risk by keeping the whole system running during the update process, I just lowered volume. It also produced the...
  3. N

have to update Volumio to 1.099, had 1.073. thanks for the link, will read once again.
  4. N

I've got a new SHD in May. I noticed a constant noise while in standby mode which disappears once you switch the unit on. Strange behavior. My wife also heard a loud bang once, coming from the loudspeakers. She imagined the loudspeakers would break, so I guess it's not a tiny pop-on sound. I'm...
  5. N

My discount was an FX rate of 1,2 that all European sellers keep for themselves, in addition to their standard margin.
  6. N

Just did the same: ordering directly in HK. With customs and Vat will pay +- 1340 euros.
  7. N

That's correct too. I considered that the Studio is half the size and matches the format of most Dacs and the purify amp on my radar. I also can go out over Aes/Ebu to the Dac and balanced XLR out from Dac to amp. If I can control overall volume through minidsp I can also hide dac + amp if it...
  8. N

Good tip! Maybe I should go for the Studio version and use an external dac with even better sinad for the same money. As I don't use analog, I'm not spending on useless functions. Do you know if I have to use the external Dac in preamp mode for volume control or can the Minidsp studio control...
  9. N

Oh... for the moment I just have a notebook hooked to an AVR over hdmi. So I'm starting from scratch. Already decided to get a new stereo power amp, not integrated. Dac and streamer are still open choices. What I like with minidsp is the fact that streamer,Dirac and Dac are integrated, but it's...
  10. N

Does it make sense to use the minidsp shd just in a stereo setup without subs? I just have to correct too much bass in my room because I can't place the speakers away from the walls. Was looking for a Dac to directly feed a power amp, but bass/treble adjustments seem mostly absent. Dirac might...
  11. N

Advice Matrix Audio

Couldn't find any information in the manuals. Soncoz is no longer on the list, it must be possible to use a remote to power on/off the machine. What I still don't understand is how to choose between the chips. ES9038pro seems to be the former flagship and therefore expensive chip with 8...
  12. N

Advice Matrix Audio

I will download the manuals to get some insights on volume control. The whole thing is that this is a mixed setup for Tv and music. It must be easy and safe for the speakers, under operation by the whole family.
  13. N

Advice Matrix Audio

Topping has been on my radar too. I must admit that if they all perform the same I tend to compare the design and Topping is really not my favourite. I will check details about Soncoz. Thanks
  14. N

Advice Matrix Audio

Hi, I'm currently looking into building a new stereo setup. The idea is to use a Dac as a preamplifier for a Purify amp. Getting into the details I'm struggling between few options. Initially I figured out to take an Okto stereo but sold out for months. Gustard X16 looks fine for far less money...
Top Bottom